Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #49
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
nothing interesting ....gonna stick with NCAA 12. Still just same ol madden.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I honestly don't understand how anyone could say it's the same old Madden and that they are going to stick with NCAA 12, gameplay wise they are almost the exact same. To each their own, but I mean come on this looks much better than Madden 11, at least the E3 videos I posted do. NCAA 12 is a great game, Madden 12 is very similar, but has the new franchise mode and plus it's the NFL, so why not get both?

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You're right -- the commentary sucks.

But as I've said in the past, if we're to a point where commentary is becoming the hot-button topic, then Madden has come a long way.

Granted, it's not our responsibility to make excuses for the games shortcomings. After all, our only duty is to expect a satisfactory product.

I just think it's a bit short-sighted to sort of suggest that EA is sitting on their hands in lieu of ALL the other improvements we've gotten the last three years. Again, I agree the commentary sucks. But I also understand priorities and I think they've made the right choices.
I really never heard a GREAT commentary from any sports game TBH. NBA 2K11 and MLB 2K11 are pretty good, but playing MLB 2K11 right now, the announcers cut themselves off, for key players he says the exact same thing every game, starting my franchise he reads off my last years batting average every game, and there is too many statistics in it. You don't have to show me the top 5 last years batting average, homerun, doubles, and triples all in 1 game, and reading it like a dictionary at the same time. Madden's at least has excitement to it, but unlike the 2K series doesn't flow at all. So, while many have done many things well IE Fifa, NHL, 2K baseball and basketball, and possibly The Show (never played it before), all of them still need to improve in a lot of areas. Madden just happens to find itself dead last in this category, but IMO has the best presentation of any of them from what I have seen from Madden 12.

That's not to take anything away from the 2K games, because there is good banter between them and the stats they say / show like the matchup of batter vs. pitcher, the MLB Today segment of how they did last night, and the stats of what they hit for a 1-0 count, a 2-1 count, etc is simply stunning!!

Last edited by at23steelers; 08-05-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #51
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
Off the top of my head, things that need to be revamped for next year:
1.) Commentary
2.) Player Movement (Ice skating; momentum; perhaps even more run styles or even signature run animations).
3.) Ball Trajectory
4.) No superman or psychic defenders

Presentation looks fantastic though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Off the top of my head, things that need to be revamped for next year:
1.) Commentary
2.) Player Movement (Ice skating; momentum; perhaps even more run styles or even signature run animations).
3.) Ball Trajectory
4.) No superman or psychic defenders

Presentation looks fantastic though!
Number 1 on your list should be taken care of. They invested in a new commentary engine this year, same as FIFA, they will begin to implement it starting next year.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #53
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Wassup with the ref running at 4.3 on the sidelines at the 10 sec mark.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0
Was I the only one who thought DeSean Jackson's TD was a little "rocket catch-y," especially on the replay? I don't love what I'm seeing here, but it doesn't look terrible.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 0

Not falling for the EA sales pitch. I will rent the game or read reviews from players with no relationship with EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #56
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
Not falling for the EA sales pitch. I will rent the game or read reviews from players with no relationship with EA.
I understand your hesitancy but trust me this is not going to be the same old Madden anymore. The current development team is going to take this game where we have always wanted, just wait. No one will ever call Madden just a roster update with this development team they have now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »