Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_NFL_Fan
The person playing as Eagles hasnt a clue how to play with Vick!

still game does look impressive, graphics are amazing...

one side note of disapointment, hopefully they have the problem at 9:17 fixed by launch!
i bet u run with vick alot.... i no how to stop that been stopn it the same way sense madden 04 what problem at 9:17 that happens n a real nfl game after a td or a big play the camera always looks at the guys on the sidelines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #26
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Eagles vs. Falcons 2nd Quarter

Oh and thanks EA for fixing CPU quick snaps!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chackett12
this game is unrealistic... i saw andy reid running -____-

and what happened to all the player specific touchdown celebrations? guess there in the trash
They're in there, just because you didn't see them in one TD doesn't mean they aren't there. I have seen a few of the new TD celebrations in the E3 videos, they look well done too.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #28
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

"He may not be one of the fastest guys in the league." - Flaw one; he is, it's DeSean Jackson for god's sake. This kind of commentary line should only trigger if the player's speed rating is below say 90. Flaw two; he's just BURNED up his DB on the very next play and then Collinsworth is talking about how slow he made everyone look. This is silly.

I don't understand how people can be paid to make a video game and then let stuff like this happen? Two years in a row. This game looks great but the commentary is not good enough.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #29
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
"He may not be one of the fastest guys in the league." - Flaw one; he is, it's DeSean Jackson for god's sake. This kind of commentary line should only trigger if the player's speed rating is below say 90. Flaw two; he's just BURNED up his DB on the very next play and then Collinsworth is talking about how slow he made everyone look. This is silly.

I don't understand how people can be paid to make a video game and then let stuff like this happen? Two years in a row. This game looks great but the commentary is not good enough.
Yeah I know, thank God they invested in a new commentary engine this year, it's the same as FIFA, but they won't be able to implement it until next year. We should never have to have this discussion again. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't invested in a new commentary engine since the PS2 days. We should see a HUGE improvement in the commentary and it should sound much more natural starting next year and moving forward. I know Mike Young the Creative Director of Madden was talking about this in a podcast and how next year he wants to focus a good bit of time on speech and the pronunciation of player and team names and tying it all together to sound natural.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I know, thank God they invested in a new commentary engine this year, it's the same as FIFA, but they won't be able to implement it until next year. We should never have to have this discussion again. To the best of my knowledge they hadn't invested in a new commentary engine since the PS2 days. We should see a HUGE improvement in the commentary and it should sound much more natural starting next year and moving forward. I know Mike Young the Creative Director of Madden was talking about this in a podcast and how next year he wants to focus a good bit of time on speech and the pronunciation of player and team names and tying it all together to sound natural.
Let's hope so.

With Tom Hammond it was "Asso-moog-ha"
This year with Gus it's "Arse-oh-mo-ah" - i don't get it. Did he say it right last year?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #31
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Oh man, Andy Reid running.

Can't....stop....laughing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Let's hope so.

With Tom Hammond it was "Asso-moog-ha"
This year with Gus it's "Arse-oh-mo-ah" - i don't get it. Did he say it right last year?
There might be two pronunciations in the game -- in last year's game I believe there was one right pronunciation of the name. So maybe there is one where he says it right, and one where he says it wrong. Maybe they simply can't remove the one because it would cause issues with connecting the dots with the speech or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »