Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Sharing technology and sharing code using the technology isn't the same.
So, are you telling me that consecutive hit tackles will be different in NCAA and Madden even though they are sharing the same technology?

Do you know they aren't sharing the same code or that they are? I don't know if they are or aren't but I will guess that the tackling will be similar in both games.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, are you telling me that consecutive hit tackles will be different in NCAA and Madden even though they are sharing the same technology?
Where did I say that they WILL be different? However, you were the one that was saying they WILL be the same. I can, in fairness, turn that question around, since you did actually make the statement. Are you SURE that the will be the SAME in Madden and NCAA 12?

I think what I said was, sharing technology doesn't mean that they are implementing the technology the same way.

Quote:
Do you know they aren't sharing the same code or that they are?
I don't.

Quote:
I don't know if they are or aren't but I will guess that the tackling will be similar in both games.
Guessing that they will and telling someone that they will are two different things. It seemed to me that you were telling someone that they would be the same in both games.

If they are sharing core code between the two games, that could be a very good thing. If EA is just using that to save money and up profits, then the benefit lessons. If they are using that saved dollars to put back into development, then it really benefits the consumers. But I don't know if they are or are not sharing code.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Where did I say that they WILL be different? However, you were the one that was saying they WILL be the same. I can, in fairness, turn that question around, since you did actually make the statement. Are you SURE that the will be the SAME in Madden and NCAA 12?

I think what I said was, sharing technology doesn't mean that they are implementing the technology the same way.

Guessing that they will and telling someone that they will are two different things. It seemed to me that you were telling someone that they would be the same in both games.

If they are sharing core code between the two games, that could be a very good thing. If EA is just using that to save money and up profits, then the benefit lessons. If they are using that saved dollars to put back into development, then it really benefits the consumers. But I don't know if they are or are not sharing code.
Actually, based on my earlier posts, I haven't said much more than they share the same tackle technology.

I'll still go on my gut feelings and say the tackling systems will be similar without having played the demo or game of Madden 12.

We'll soon find out, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
This is getting ridiculous. Why can't you accept the facts? Madden and NCAA have a central gameplay team, therefore both games will play mostly the same gameplay-wise.
Other things besides the gameplay are controlled by the different teams respectively.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Gameplay-Team
Quote:

Do you know they aren't sharing the same code or that they are? I don't know if they are or aren't but I will guess that the tackling will be similar in both games.
This is what I dont get about OS how is this not trolling? Have either of you even made a relevant post yet? The thread is about the tackling animations, ProTak, Impact Collisions. From what I can remember you have spent the entire time trying to prove something that cannot be proven because NO ONE HERE WORKS FOR EA. Yet you are going to continue to stomp around with your chest puffed out pretending you know something we dont. I am going to assume you are not a programmer nor do you work for EA you are just a guy who reads blogs and post and you think it somehow makes you some sort of EA inside expert that you know the inner workings of the team.

Fine, they are identical games. Does that make you happy, what did that just accomplish other than stroking your ego? Talk about derailing threads here...you are as bad as Apex and Ryanmoody. No one can say for sure even when the games come out because no one here programs for EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Haven't seen many vids of 12 but does the new tackling look similar to the vids I posted ? If so then thats a big improvemt over 11.

Thank you, a post about the actual thread. From watching the videos the tackling in Madden 12 is shaping up to look almost the same as those videos you posted which again...is a huge step backwards.

I understand what was posted earlier when someone said that ProTak didnt work so they put this in as a simpler better system. I just feel really "taken" by the fact that in 2011 we are getting tech that was around in 2001.

I still dont get why they cant have all of it, ProTake for when there is a pile up and impact collision for when there are 3 or less people.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Haven't seen many vids of 12 but does the new tackling look similar to the vids I posted ? If so then thats a big improvemt over 11.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

You know what the funny part is..... THE FREAKING ANIMATION IS SMOOTHER IN THE PS2 VERSION!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #78
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
This is what I dont get about OS how is this not trolling? Have either of you even made a relevant post yet? The thread is about the tackling animations, ProTak, Impact Collisions. From what I can remember you have spent the entire time trying to prove something that cannot be proven because NO ONE HERE WORKS FOR EA. Yet you are going to continue to stomp around with your chest puffed out pretending you know something we dont. I am going to assume you are not a programmer nor do you work for EA you are just a guy who reads blogs and post and you think it somehow makes you some sort of EA inside expert that you know the inner workings of the team.
In the beginning they started by responding to your question, and then others began a discussion about whether or not the two games are similar.

Your original question was:
Quote:
This year is no different and I have to ask the very same question......WHERE THE HELL IS PROTAK?!?!?

Thats right the exact same crappy 2 man gangtackle (which was in 2003 then taken out and then put back years later) that results in the 2 Eagles players SLIDING OFF AND FALLING DOWN with no impact what so ever. Its the same animations and interaction that have been in the game forever.

Again, this thread not intended for a flame war but I would really really like to know why in 2012 players are still wearing skates on the football field. You invent a tech then get rid of it the very next year. I just dont understand. Do we just not care about tackling anymore?
WHERE THE HELL IS PROTAK?!?!? (or your name for the new system Madden 12 is aiming to implement)

Roadman responded by saying that NCAA has a vastly improved tackling system from NCAA 11 and that there is no reason to believe that Madden 12 hasn't improved from Madden 11 because NCAA and Madden are at the very least, similar games.

The video you gave is of an early build of the game when improvements were still being made.

To answer your original question, can you say for sure that ProTak (or whatever tackling system EA has implemented) isn't there until the game comes out and you give it a try?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #79
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Fine, they are identical games. Does that make you happy, what did that just accomplish other than stroking your ego? Talk about derailing threads here...you are as bad as Apex and Ryanmoody. No one can say for sure even when the games come out because no one here programs for EA.
The majority of my posts have been the discussion of the thread topic. Arguing over well known facts is what takes away from the discussion. There is no need to dispute that Madden and NCAA share the same central gameplay team. That has been known since last year, whether you believe that or not is up to you.

I see that this is getting nowhere, so I am out. I won't "troll" your thread anymore.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #80
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
This is what I dont get about OS how is this not trolling?.
The subject of this thread asks how you'll anger everyone and yet, here you are getting angry yourself.

My advice is if you're going to challenge people's way of thinking, you learn to deal with those people challenging your thoughts. It's not trolling to have opposing opinions. They have their own thoughts and you have your own.

But, really, you have to suck it up. You asked to anger others when you made this thread. What else did you expect would happen?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »