Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #1217
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

even tho i probably wont be buying it, i gotta say i felt madden was really tuned better out the gate...especially noticeable in the passing game on default All Pro. even tho i was playing against the packers, it wasnt like playing the '85 bears..which is what almost every team in ncaa turns into on defense.

i did like the new presentation as well, and i did like how when players get injured, they actually focus on it and give u a replay of what happened to the guy. ncaa needs to get that in their game cuz players get hurt all the time and u have no clue most times until a report comes up later or u notice ur guy is out of the play then manually check.

I didnt really get a big feel for DPP, and maybe thats a good thing. saw it affect a few players but nothing crazy. dont think i had more than 4 ppl in the list at any given time which is ok. def dont want it ruling the game and feeling like it unnaturally alters gameplay. basically if they get online franch together, i'd be in line to buy it. im curious to see what the offline franch verdict is once ppl dive deep into it.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #1218
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I HAVE seen my share of gang tackles. But in the NFL, it's true: it doesn't happen so much. The game is so fast that unless you see a guy trying to stuff it up the middle, you don't see more than 3 guys on the ball carrier. By the time two guys each the carrier, he's going down. I'd much rather have this than Pro-Tak.

Edit: Watch this video and count how many times Chris Johnson is tackled by more than 3 guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60

Edit 2: "But Johnson is awesome!" Then watch Moreno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A
You're in good hands with Alstott...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSf0...eature=related

Either way, its not necessarily about counting specifically when there is 3 guys directly on a ball carrier...it's the fact that in real life everyone around them is effecting their direction, momentum, balance. In some of those clips if you count the OL involved you have 6-7 guys involved in effecting the runner and whether or not he goes down all at once.

Obviously its a video game, and replicating real life is very hard...but its definitely time we start seeing a shift towards trying to anyways. I'd just like to see an attempt at replicating some of the "struggle" for yards you see in the Mike Alstott video. Little things like DT's sticking out their arms as guys run through holes, turning their bodies, slowing them down slightly, causing them to stumble.

Right now its either all or nothing, you are either the guy making the tackle or you are just standing around.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #1219
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

The whole Madden franchise is very hit and miss for me. I loved Madden '10 and still play it, but I couldn't play '11. It just didn't click for me. However, I'm sold by the demo for '12. To me, it plays like I wish NCAA '12 played. I'm not seeing the super-LB problem at all on the demo. Or if so, it's very, very, very minor compared to the superhuman, physics-defying acrobatics I've seen from the NCAA '12 linebackers.

The passing game feels really good to me, and the player models look really nice.

Last edited by Anaxamander; 08-18-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #1220
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
To me, it plays like I wish NCAA '12 played.
Agree completely. NCAA is so close to being great this year but it's flaws really kill it. Madden, at the very worst, is average in the areas where NCAA is a disaster gameplay-wise.

Like you, I enjoyed Madden '10 but passed on '11. Really looking forward to this game after the demo.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #1221
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I guess we have similar standards for football games, ehh. I just couldn't stand Madden '11. Something about the gameplay was just wrong--I feel like it took a big step back from Madden '10, but a lot of people disagreed.

And yes, NCAA '12 has the potential to be great, but it has some crippling gameplay issues that really detract from my overall enjoyment. I'm sick of waiting on the patch already.

I feel like the Madden '12 gameplay is very balanced and fair from what I've seen in the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #1222
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Another year that I'm gonna pass on Madden. They need new player models, you would think after a few years they would improve them but they look the same as they did 4 years ago. And the skating just drives me crazy! Thanks for another year without video football EA.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #1223
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Another year that I'm gonna pass on Madden. They need new player models, you would think after a few years they would improve them but they look the same as they did 4 years ago. And the skating just drives me crazy! Thanks for another year without video football EA.

dude....if that's your lady coming out of the pool in your profile pic...u shouldn't have time for videogames. get after it!

#justsayin
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #1224
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
dude....if that's your lady coming out of the pool in your profile pic...u shouldn't have time for videogames. get after it!

#justsayin
lol! I wish that was my girlfriend( although I'm Pretty sure my wife would frown upon that), it's Olivia Munn!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »