Home

Do people still really play on Normal speed?

This is a discussion on Do people still really play on Normal speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do people still really play on Normal speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
because a player runs/does not run his correct 40 in Madden on a proposed setting? lol the field isnt even right...

imo, the whole debate about 40 times has been laughable..Especailly since running animation has been a major complaint about madden..

---
- Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
i agree jukeman.....

i personally don't care about the 40 time.....just aslong as i see player speed seperation it doesn't matter how fast Devin Hester runs on the slower settings. If he's not caught from behind i can live with it and also enjoy the animations as I stated before

In fact i don't even recall someone who actually works at EA stating any of the speed levels are realistic based on actual NFL speed

I've only seen guys speculating about the speed based on their own opinion not something EA stated

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-21-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
i agree jukeman.....

i personally don't care about the 40 time.....just aslong as i see player speed seperation it doesn't matter how fast Devin Hester runs on the slower settings. If he's not caught from behind i can live with it and also enjoy the animations as I stated before

In fact i don't even recall someone who actually works at EA stating any of the speed levels are realistic based on actual NFL speed

I've only seen guys speculating about the speed based on their own opinion not something EA stated
The thing is I don't want to sit here and debate animations .. in fact that isn't what I was debating .. if you want to slow it down to help your animations more power to you ..

But Normal and above gives you a more realistic NFL Game Speed .. that is what I'm debating .. could care less if people somewhat look like they skate .. it's about decision making, and you shouldn't have even a second to think about it .. just like in the NFL ..
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
The thing is I don't want to sit here and debate animations .. in fact that isn't what I was debating .. if you want to slow it down to help your animations more power to you ..

But Normal and above gives you a more realistic NFL Game Speed .. that is what I'm debating .. could care less if people somewhat look like they skate .. it's about decision making, and you shouldn't have even a second to think about it .. just like in the NFL ..
This right here is exactly what I'm looking for when I'm putting together my settings. I couldn't of said it any better. I don't care about slowing it down to see better animation. But to each his own. Like I said plenty of times guys gotta play on whatever speed there comfortable with but but you can't tell me slow or very slow is the realistic speed the game should be on because I'm not trying to hear that. If I slow the game down it makes it TOO easy for me to read the defense and shread them. It also makes it super easy to read the offense when I'm on defense and react to the ball against the run and pass. Some guys need the game slowed down like that which is cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #116
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33

That's not like the NFL at all. QB's routinely have 3 seconds in the pocket to make reads.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
That's not like the NFL at all. QB's routinely have 3 seconds in the pocket to make reads.
Lol .. QB pressure you can achieve on most speeds ..

When running the ball or even reacting on defense, if you take 3 seconds you're going to get burned ..

Plus there are plenty of QB plays that take less than 3 .. and some O lines suck .. some really good D-Lineman bursting through .. show me a game where every play the QB gets 3+ seconds or even takes 3 + seconds ..

Last edited by PolkHigh33; 08-21-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #118
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

This thread has really turned into this:

I also find it funny that a lot of you think us "slow/Very slow" game speed players use that setting to make the game easier. Madden is SO freaking easy it's a joke. I use Slow speed in Madden 11 because it is the most realistic setting I can find.

When I watch LINEBACKERS and LINEMEN flying around the field covering huge amounts of ground "in no time," I find that very unrealistic. I used to be a big supporter of Normal speed back in Madden 10, but the more I tried slow, the more I enjoyed the game play.

On the topic of reading defenses, there are two reasons/problems why you gave so much time, and they have nothing to do with game speed. First is the camera. With the point of view you have in Madden, how can you not find an open receiver most of the time. Chances are, if you didn't find someone open, it wasn't because you didn't see them, it's because there was blanket coverage. Secondly, the pass rush is a joke in Madden. You just have to look at "the other game" to see what a proper pass rush could/should look like.

Regarding the first "problem," most people don't have any interest in playing with a first person, Backbreaker, or Last gen Super Star camera angle. With a zoomed in camera angle where you actually have a limited view of the field [like real life QBs] and a proper pass rush, then this game would be a lot more difficult.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This thread has really turned into this:

I also find it funny that a lot of you think us "slow/Very slow" game speed players use that setting to make the game easier. Madden is SO freaking easy it's a joke. I use Slow speed in Madden 11 because it is the most realistic setting I can find.

When I watch LINEBACKERS and LINEMEN flying around the field covering huge amounts of ground "in no time," I find that very unrealistic. I used to be a big supporter of Normal speed back in Madden 10, but the more I tried slow, the more I enjoyed the game play.

On the topic of reading defenses, there are two reasons/problems why you gave so much time, and they have nothing to do with game speed. First is the camera. With the point of view you have in Madden, how can you not find an open receiver most of the time. Chances are, if you didn't find someone open, it wasn't because you didn't see them, it's because there was blanket coverage. Secondly, the pass rush is a joke in Madden. You just have to look at "the other game" to see what a proper pass rush could/should look like.

Regarding the first "problem," most people don't have any interest in playing with a first person, Backbreaker, or Last gen Super Star camera angle. With a zoomed in camera angle where you actually have a limited view of the field [like real life QBs] and a proper pass rush, then this game would be a lot more difficult.
Lol great image ..

I would definitely play a camera angle like that .. the only problem I personally find with those is they don't have a smooth enough camera following you .. I'll be running left and then the camera will like spin around on me and I'm suppose to starting going right, I'm now out of the play .. or turn enough to alter my angle ..

And Manning can see the entire field .. lol

Last edited by PolkHigh33; 08-21-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #120
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I like the speed that is most realistic. To me, that speed is slow. Normal and above is faster than realistic football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »