Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyr326
I absolutely love the new collision system. That's one aspect that just feels realistic and stands out as an amazing improvement from last year. Presentation is improved, graphics, etc, (but those aspects are pretty much expected at this point).

My main gripe is along the lines of what Jayson and Steve mentioned. The Psychic Cornerbacks are simply ruining the fun of "threading the needle" on higher difficulties and as Jayson said "player warping make it feel like the CPU is at tims cheating you on defense instead of legitimately outsmarting you with superior tactics or skills"

***I am shocked because the WR/CB interactions have been broken every year this generation.***

*Go ahead and try to fit the ball in those tight spots and the Corner will be facing in the complete opposite direction (running full speed), and still change direction in a split second to make the interception.

Fix those problems mentioned above, bring back the importance of controlling ball placement/ trajectory, and implement real-time physics (as the NHL series was able to accomplish) and I will be content with Madden football.

Does anyone out there agree?
i do! My biggest problem with Madden is OL/DL play and ball trajectory! They just ruin the game for me... On NCAA im a little more ok with it cause its college, but in a Pro football game, its just inexcusable
Old 08-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11
Here is a thought... How about someone ask the developers if this build is older than the E3 build! I don't understand why we have to debate such simple questions that are so easy to obtain.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
imo, ncaa is absolutely terrible. they have to resort to the biggest cheat tactics they can think of to give you a challenge. go try nba 2k11 to see how giving the user a challenge is supposed to be done.
O ima 2k11 BEAST!!! I would rather be playing a 2k football game, but since its not a option, i like the NCAA. Kinda lesser of 2 evil i guess. LIke i said its flawed ( hence why i wont play it online ), but fix a couple sliders n its enjoyable for me... I would MUCH MUCH rather be playing NFL2k12 but thats a whole different topic
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #20
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
I'm not sure why the writers that thought the game play was too fast just didn't adjust it to slow in the options.

And yes, you can spotlight receivers, play up or back of individual receivers as well. The issue is the CPU QB hikes the ball too fast to make many of these adjustments.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3
If you play the game on the default speed and complain about it without changing the game speed down to slow, then I don't have much to say to you. Put the game speed on slow and you can even turn the threshold down to 35, and it plays at a perfect speed (with or without the threshold being lowered).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #22
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
Christian hits the nail right on the head. Lets face it demo impressions while they help the developers to some extent, are just forums for people to give opinions in a world full of opinions.

Lets say we are watching Iron Chef and the judges gave their impressions of the food before the Chef's completed their entree's. We would all be saying "What are they talking about, they arent even done yet".

One may think, well if they gave them the entree to try before it was complete then it would be ok to make redundant remarks, but you see they DONT do that. Thats my point.

Sorry about the rant, I just gotta quite reading DEMO impression threads.

Last edited by The Bimmer; 08-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
I'm not sure why the writers that thought the game play was too fast just didn't adjust it to slow in the options.

And yes, you can spotlight receivers, play up or back of individual receivers as well. The issue is the CPU QB hikes the ball too fast to make many of these adjustments.
Definitely no time to make changes but the way you have to do it is still to clunky. I hate having to use the d pad! I even switched the setting to madden 10 but it still isn't the same. Why take my thumb off the left stick and go to dpad and then the CPU QB hikes it and my guy automatically runs forward and falls while I try to bring my thumb from the dpad to the left thumbstick?! Makes no sense! Plus the controls from NCAA and madden are not the same. The way NCAA has the pre snap adjustments are how madden should be. Same developer, same building, different controls? It's also frustrating to have to hit 2-3 different buttons to try and bump n run on 1 wr while having the other play off and then spotlight a WR. Its almost and actually is impossible to pull this off prior to the CPU hiking the ball...

Also, I like that in NCAA you can make adjustments and sell out for the run or pass left, middle, or right. Why not add the same to madden. I would like to see the NCAA and madden teams have a meeting and discuss together a few issues. Take what works so well in NCAA and add to madden. Defensive line interaction doesn't seem to work. I was J Peppers for a game and I tried right stick left, right, up, and down all game and got nothing unless I used the right stick pressed down prior to the snap and I would get by Packers Left tackle every time or on occassion just get knocked to the ground and pancaked. FRUSTRATING! I also find it frustrating with the CB and WR interactions. It's completely unrealistic.

I do love the graphics though and presentation! Great job!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
2k5 needs to die. There was a reason it was 20 dollars. I would rather play Tecmo Super Bowl than that trash.
Maybe, but it was good to have a 2nd choice. At least that way it forced EA to compete price and innovation wise. Competition can be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »