Home

Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Just played a preseason game Broncos vs Cowboys. I did see a super LB once but on multiple occasion the LB would turn an start running toward WR not make a crazy jump.

I think CPU preseason subs are a little messed up just had Felix Jones playing corner for the Cowboys but I will say he made a nice tackle on Decker.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Am in the middle of a new game.....Ravens (CPU) at Jets (Myself) and noticed something cool......

It was a 3rd and about 8-9 to go for myself around midfield (its a night game with light rain) and I dropped back and had Holmes on a Deep In from the slot, going over the middle. He looked to be the best option to get the first down....as he turned to cut in he slipped slightly but didnt affect the play as I was waiting for him to clear the CB and LBer that were in deep zone. I threw the ball just as he was about to clear the LBer to have the pass hit him right in the open part of the zone. It took me just an extra split second to throw as I had to avoid pressure and step up, I threw it and it looked like Holmes would catch it right before the other LBer would get to him. Then as the ball is arriving towards Holmes, Ed Reed from the FS position (who was playing a deep zone on the left side as it seems they were playing a cover 4) reacts to the ball in the air and jumps the route just right before Holmes was going to catch it and then runs it back for 6!!!

The way Ed Reed reacted was very realistic.....he saw where the ball was going and immidieatly made a break for it. Ed wasnt even the closest defender when I released the pass as there was a LBer about 5 yards to the left of Holmes and the ball would of got their before the LBer could of made a play on it, but Ed jumped both of us and took it the other way. This pass was sooooo close to being completed, I didnt seem Reed come into my vision until the last possible second, right when Holmes was ready to make the reception. (FOR THE RECORD....the Gameplay in on 'ALL PRO')

So looks like Zones are greatly improved so far this year, and it also matters who is covering that zone. If you have a LBer or Safety with low awareness and play reaction as well as low zone coverage, there would be NO WAY he could of made that play that Ed Reed did to me. Even an Average starting to Good Safety doesnt make that play......that was an ELITIE play made by an ELITE player that only very few and have the ability and awareness to make.

So as you probably guessed by now I will have to be more careful when throwing to Reed's side of the field LOL.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #19
Rookie

Nightz's Arena

OVR: 8

Played a game with the Chargers against the Cowboys. All-Pro difficulty with slow game speed, 8 minute quarters. Felt pretty good, I thought it ran smoother than the demo. Vincent Jackson was a beast on offense and TKO ran wild on defense. Kicking felt easier than in the demo, don't know if it's because I got used to it.

I like how safeties actually come up closer to the LOS when they're gonna blitz, instead of staying at their normal positions and making the blitz ineffective.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Played another full-game. Same settings (All-Pro, Slow) This time I was the Titans. I can definitely tell the difference between Chris Johnson and Benjarvis Green Ellis. Also, I noticed a drop in QB accuracy with Hasselbeck compared to Brady (which would normally make sense, but I didn't see much difference between Brady and Mallet in my first game)...Small sample so we will see if it changes.

Also played against a non-mobile QB (Manning) and he didnt scramble and take off so that is good.

Won 21-0...I am starting to get the hang of All-Pro...Cant wait to see the slider posts in a few weeks

BTW still not a fan of the Camera Angle pre-snap (especially when running). it still feels like its further back than last year (or maybe I just need glasses)
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

Got the hof version and cover is sweet. Game is fantastic but hating that away teams never celebrate scores. Slider tweaking and all seems to be coming along. Latest roster update is very much incorrect. Mike vick does run on u a lot.

Not sure if this is glitch but editing Bradshaw and in game his eye black is gone along with nose tape. But in edit screen is on. Hope this is not a roster issue like ncaa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got the game this morning and I've been tweaking with custom play books mostly. Ran a couple of games against the CPU, can't give definite impressions but so far it feels smoother and slower than the demo (normal setting). Got to play more games to get a better feel for it.

I found a couple of flaws in custom play books that are real annoying and I hope they patch real soon. 1st is the organization of plays. I have to scroll across 5 different shotgun sets, I form, Weak I, you name it... They're not in sequential order like the stock play books we're accustomed too. You really have to 'know your plays' if you're going to run customs. Another thing, it seems like when use CPB's in practice mode half your plays are missing. Was it like this NCAA?? I hope they fix this with a patch cause I plan on strictly using customs.

Finally, any early owners have problem getting online? I'm on PS3 and when I tried to Redeem my online access code I get this error message, "We're sorry but your are not permitted to register and online pass which is required to access all online features." Hope it's because the servers are not available yet for PS3 owners.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

First thing I did was go into franchise. As expected they totally rebuilt this mode. Its ****.

As already stated, there is a HUGE glitch in NCAA Draft.

Basically you cannot (as of now) import your players from NCAA.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 AM   #24
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

As for DBs holding the ball with one hand.....there is a reason for it.

When you EDIT a player, there is a section called "Traits" and in it there are things like Ball Carry, and the diffrent options are like "always protect", "only protect around big hitters", "protects around any defender", etc and alot of the DBs are set to hold the ball careless (probably because they are not used to carrying the ball often?) but when I picked off a pass with Revis he was holding it correctly, as oppose to Cromartie who did only hold it one handed.

Just thought I would get into detail regarding this gameplay issue and the reason behind it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »