Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #25
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
They can fluctuate quite a bit or at least they could in the past. I had one year in M07 where Favre ended up going off for 70 TD's (all simulated) to win the MVP but that wasn't the worst part not only was that number ridiculous the next 5 QB's in TD totals were all over 50. They year after that Favre went for 20 while the league leader had 30.

Now I don't expect to see swings like this ever again as 70TDs is just stupid but there is a chance that it was must a down year. Sim a few more years and see if the trend continues then it is clear that there is a problem.

To the guy that said no one had a passer rating over 100, what was the highest passer rating in the league? Having a year over 100 passer rating is a great year and it wasn't that long ago that a 85 passer rating was considered a pretty good year (look at some of the career passer ratings of players who played in the late 80's and early 90's). I understand the game has become a passing game but if the top 3-4 guys have an upper 90 passer rating then I see no problem with that.
I wasnt saying it was a bad thing.. I just was giving some stats to what I saw when I simmed the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #26
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I wasnt saying it was a bad thing.. I just was giving some stats to what I saw when I simmed the season
My bad. I've run into a lot of people who look at anyone without a rating over 100 as a bad player and it annoys me. I tend to assume the worst so sorry about that.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
One user's experience merits tuning for the entire game?

I've had M12 for a couple days, but I've personally haven't ventured into franchise mode. That said, I think it's far best that we let the game actually release and collect more data before we run off saying what needs to be patched and tuned.
whether he simmed 1 season or 60 doesnt matter, there will never be a nfl season where no quarterback completes over 60% of their passes. 20 qbs completed over 60% and not 1 in madden come on man. qb completion % was a problem last year too so im still expecting the same problems with simmed stats. too many sacks, messed up RB averages, etc
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Ive always found out that when you sim the season the stats are all messed up but they seem to be better if you play every game...even the cpu stats look better for some reason for other teams...I think sliders might have something to do with the stats being as they are.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

You know, this is just another in a long line of issues that EA has had this console generation that was never there on the XBox and PS2.

Both NCAA and Madden have had problems with completely innacurate statistics since moving to these newer consoles. I can't figure out how they've managed to screw so many small things up that weren't a problem in the past. Boggles the mind.

What's worse is when they screwed up rushing stats big time in Madden 10, the devs basically said they knew about it before the patch was released and didn't think it was a big deal.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
You know, this is just another in a long line of issues that EA has had this console generation that was never there on the XBox and PS2.

Both NCAA and Madden have had problems with completely innacurate statistics since moving to these newer consoles. I can't figure out how they've managed to screw so many small things up that weren't a problem in the past. Boggles the mind.

What's worse is when they screwed up rushing stats big time in Madden 10, the devs basically said they knew about it before the patch was released and didn't think it was a big deal.
Stats on last gen sucked too.

Apparently. realistic simmed stats are too much to ask for.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

I know football stats are pretty complicated, but they need to get a crew of stat geeks down there purely to work on the sim stats... I can't remember a time when the stats were ever right, but if they could get it right just once, they could use the same code (or barely tweak it) for years to come (as long as there aren't major changes in the NFL).

I can understand how things like yards per attempt, yards per catch, and yards per carry, individual defensive stats, and even touchdowns and interceptions can be hard to get right, but it seems like completion percentage, number of carries, number of catches, and all that shouldn't be too difficult to get right.

In the age of fantasy football, stats are more important than ever, and it's disappointing to spend time on sliders and settings so that your team's stats are realistic only to find out they don't fit in with the rest of the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #32
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe increase the pass accuracy slider for cpu and see if that effects simmed games at all??? Probably not I know but worth a shot I think.... :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »