Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Its kinda weird when on their blog they were saying improved sim stats then let this happen. Why not mess up pass deflections. Why mess with our QB completion percentage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #42
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Two full seasons simmed and a total of 5 guys at or above 60% completion for me (3 of them right at 60%). That, and QB ratings were fairly lo on average. Only saw one rating above 100 (Brady) 8 above 90 (including Brady's 100: 4 in one year, then 3 in the next).

I also saw a lot of 12+ TD rushers as well, and receiving yards and TDs seemed a bit high. Sack totals seemed to trend a bit high as well (lots of guys over 12 sacks...and a TON over 10) and it was really random as to who was leading.

In fact, stats as a whole seemed really random (especially on defense) and there are a lot of guys you wouldn't expect making their way into league leader categories at various positions (Rex Grossman finished 2nd in MVP voting with 36 TDs and 8 picks in one year was the most glaring).

Not saying this is a definitive problem with that stats engine, just posting observations from two fully simulated seasons (no user input in either).
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I had several guys over 64% in both of mine.
So far you're the only one. Just simmed first season. Two players at 59% led the league. Brees and Roethlisberger.

Hopefully, this can be tuned without breaking something else. Game killer? No. Does it suck for me? Yes.

When people argue "Well, if that's the worst thing with game, etc................. I think, why even respond? If you don't care about something why comment? Odogg talked about dreadlocks for years. I got a chuckle out of it but, could care less about dreads on fake college players. No need to say I didn't care about dreads. Just kept it moving and focused on things like gameplay and realistic stats.

If you're an offline franchise guy that tries to play the game as realistically as possible you'd try to complete a realistic amount of passes right? And wouldn't you want to measure yourself against the other players in the league? I do. So, if I complete 65% of my passes I do not want to lead the league by 6%. Beating the likes of Peyton and Brady by 10%. At first I assumed the cpu simulated a lot of long passes hence the low percentages but, yards per attempt are fine.

It would be very nice if they'd fix this.

BTW just simmed a season on M11 and while not perfect had 8 QBs at 60% or greater.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 08-27-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

It's working great for me....I've had only 5 4,000 yard passing in one season....I've not had more than 1 1,700 yard running back and that was DMC he also ran the ball 371 times....The Qb completion % are RIGHT ON....Peyton has a 68% ....Brees had a 67% ...Tom Brady also had a 67% maybe some of you need to work with your sliders cause its weird that I'm not having the same things as most of you guys.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #45
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
It's working great for me....I've had only 5 4,000 yard passing in one season....I've not had more than 1 1,700 yard running back and that was DMC he also ran the ball 371 times....The Qb completion % are RIGHT ON....Peyton has a 68% ....Brees had a 67% ...Tom Brady also had a 67% maybe some of you need to work with your sliders cause its weird that I'm not having the same things as most of you guys.
if you don't mind, what are your slider settings/etc? specifically minutes/speed/threshold/diff?

I definitely think this issue is a slider/rating issue so if we put our heads together we could probably come up with a fix.. i'm still rerating players.. suffice to say there's a lot i don't agree with in that alone so it's going to take me awhile before i can even get into the gameplay, stats, etc.. realism is definitely the name of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #46
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I love reading these threads every year as people get all upset about the little things and such but, I actually understand this time will it stop me from purchasing the game no but, man 59% leading the league wow that shouldn't even lead a team unless your Cleveland.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Dude, let me know what you're doing. As long as it's not affecting the games that I actually play I'm all in. I like the gameplay with very minor slider adjustments.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I would also like to know how you did this. I maxed out the QB accuracy slider to 100 and I still got the same results. I maxed out Peyton, Brees, Rivers and Brady pass ratings to all 99s with the accuracy slider maxed out to 100. They still passed for 59%, 59%, 58% and 57%.

I simmed up to 5 seasons and the high 50s is the norm for the great QBs. You get 60% here and there but the high 50s are consistent year after year.

Last edited by haloofduty; 08-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »