Home

Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv

This is a discussion on Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

Wow, great weapons like Woodley Harrison,Ware, and Freeney are getting the shaft yet again

This is what ticks people off about this game......because year in and year out, real life weapons/tactics are crap in this game.....you have to cheese it up and do "Madden" strategies to be successful

If this is true this instantly drops a .5 from my overall score

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
I'm playing on all-pro, and this is my fifth game so far. I always control the linebacker, so no I am not. For what it is worth, the Texans do have some crap defensive tackles though. Haha!
If you are able to get pressure with Watt and Williams, that is encouraging.

If Pasta's DT was Jason Jones then more than likely that means he's playing with the Titans. Man for man, their ends aren't the greatest, although I would expect more production out of Derrick Morgan; that is if he was even a starter in Pasta's franchise.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm playing as the pats and my LE, Shaun Ellis gets 2-3 sacks a game if I pressure with fat Albert.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Just played vs. Cleveland. Running the Chargers 3-4 most of my pressure came of the Edge.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensive ends. Looking at my franchise stats it is evidenced by Jason Jones leading the league in sacks with 18. I believe in one game a top DT sacked me five times and don’t remember a game with a DE getting more than two. Ends tend to get the QB if they run outside of the pocket but the tackles collapse the pocket. Simulations favor the ends as they should in sacks.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26...al-impressions

SUCKS!
Have you actually played the game or are you just going by what someone else said? I get way more sacks with my ends than dt and I user my SS. RE Jabaal Sheard had like 16 sacks, LE Mitchell had around 12 or so sacks while neither of my dts had more than 7. And that has been around the same for both seasons I have played. Same for CPU teams.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just from this very small sample from the people who have actually played the game, pressure off the the edge is a real part of the game this year. Good to know.

Still wanna see for myself, but good to know you guys are have success with it...

Random thought:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually getting more out of the impression thread, and threads like this one -- i.e. fellow OSers who have actually played the game than any of the so-called professional reviews.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 08-26-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just from this small sample, it looks like a pretty clear consensus from the people who have actually played the game that pressure off the the edge is a real part of the game this year. Good to know.

Still wanna see for myself, but good to know...

Random thought:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually getting more out of the impression thread, and threads like this one -- i.e. fellow OSers who have actually played the game than any of the so-called professional reviews.
I am in the same boat. It's like some of the reviewers didn't even play the game, or don't know what to look for.

Keep in mind, for my example, I literally have played one complete game, so obviously mine could be an anomaly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm seeing most, if not all, of the cpu's pressure against me come from the defensive tackles, and the ends don't do anything. I'm playing the broncos and dumervil hasnt done anything, in fact I even forgot he was there. Same for when I control the defense, I'll play as a lb and not see pressure from anywhere on my front four. Anyone else have this problem?
NHL - Red wings
MLB - Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »