Home

Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem)

This is a discussion on Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
well to be honest this is a NCAA thing they don't generate enough rookies to go to the pro most of them graduate. Which leaves madden to fill holes to make it a better draft or you would only have between 15-30 players to draft if it only with off the NCAA actual draft class
So then GENERATE THOSE PLAYERS INTO FREE AGENCY! Don't stick them IN THE FREAKING DRAFT! What are they thinking?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
So then GENERATE THOSE PLAYERS INTO FREE AGENCY! Don't stick them IN THE FREAKING DRAFT! What are they thinking?
I think what he's saying and you are responding to is that if there are no fictional players, there will be no players left to draft in rounds 5-7...

So that is why they are in the draft...
Old 08-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I seriously thought that in years past, the entire graduating draft class was imported from NCAA and the game itself decides which players it wants to import. I had multiple franchises using the same draft classes and certain games would decide to bring in more or less players at the same position. I thought the data was already there for the game to interpret.

What I thought initially was that EA would just use that remaining, unused draft class data to fill in training camp player information, but this just seems to me like a huge headscratcher. I understand the concept of obscure, undrafted players emerging from training camp and becoming stars (e.g. ex CFL-ers like Cameron Wake and Aussie Rules players like Sav Rocca) but this may be a bit over the top, especially for people wanting to keep their franchises as authentic as possible.

Again, though, I think player editing solves a lot of problems here and could make things more enjoyable and realistic.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
sorry dude let me clarify if they don't do that then you would have a NBA draft of 2 round instead of a NFL draft of 7 rounds
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why wouldn't Madden just import a larger number of rookies from the NCAA draft class to help fill the new larger preseason rosters?

This is ridiculous. I don't have time to browse through the Madden rosters each season and edit a bunch of fictional Madden-generated players. It will become even more problematic 3-5 years into franchise when I'm importing fictional NCAA players and trying to figure out who's who.

I was afraid the draft class size would remain the same despite the expanded rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
well to be honest this is a NCAA thing they don't generate enough rookies to go to the pro most of them graduate. Which leaves madden to fill holes to make it a better draft or you would only have between 15-30 players to draft if it only with off the NCAA actual draft class
that's just not true...when it says "graduated" and that guy is a senior and has a high enough rating he gets exported as well.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I think what he's saying and you are responding to is that if there are no fictional players, there will be no players left to draft in rounds 5-7...

So that is why they are in the draft...
Yes, I get that. But I've run several drafts controlling all 32 teams and not ONCE have I EVER ran out of players to draft. There are always some left over, just not in the QB/RB/WR categories. In fact, I end up releasing a lot of those players because the rosters aren't expanded. Now that rosters are indeed expanded, I think there are plenty of players in the game, via draft and free agency, to fill out the rosters. It's not like they're expanding the rosters to over 90 players like IRL. It's just 75, which is only a little over 20 players that you have to cut. Let's say minimum of 7 (could be more, could be less) you get from the draft, that means that there must be at least 480 players left over to fill out the rosters. With pre-existing free agents and new free agents (due to players that weren't drafted/signed) I think there should be more than enough.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that the proper thing to do would be for the Madden dev to walk a couple hundred feet over to the NCAA dev and ask them to allow more players to enter the draft. If that can't be done, then the next proper thing to do would be to generate random players from FCS schools to be walk-ons in training camp. But under no circumstances should they be generating fictional players in your NCAA save. After all, the whole reason people transfer the rosters is because they want more authenticity.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
Why wouldn't Madden just import a larger number of rookies from the NCAA draft class to help fill the new larger preseason rosters?
Even stranger when the full draft class data should be there on the hard drive, but the game itself only chooses to cut off at a certain number of players. Makes no sense at all, honestly, and totally doesn't mesh with what developers were saying when the details of franchise improvements were being released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »