Home

accelerated clock in offline franchise?

This is a discussion on accelerated clock in offline franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: accelerated clock in offline franchise?

wow
what a bummer

atleast we can change quarter time. i dont mind the 20 second run off so much if i can atleast set the quarter time

Last edited by LaW97; 08-27-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: overlooked a post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #26
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Does anyone know if this was by design or they just messed it up completely? A patch for this would be nice. Also does the clock run down to 20 seconds?

Last edited by JayD; 08-27-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

For real?

I cant believe this... This is is strange... There has to be some reason they intentionally defaulted this feature to 20 secs.

I prefer 15 sec accell myself... but I mean what if you dont want to use the accell clock at all? Are you still forced to use it at 20 secs?

SMH at this one.

Is it to late to cancel a ToysRus pre-order I wonder? I might wait to see if they patch this, Im still enjoying M11 so I don't mind waiting another month.

All I do is offline franchise, Id rather play M11 another year and have accell clock there.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

This really blows. I have been testing sliders the last two days in exhibition games and had them pretty darn good with 15 minute quarters and 12 seconds left. It worked nice because the computer would use time outs if they were short on time, so that way they didn't have 3 time outs everytime for the 2 minute drill.

I just can't bring myself to playing with anything other than 15 minute quarters either. Probably won't buy this game now, unless it gets patched. Once again, EA disappoints!!

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Yeah this definitely needs to be patched in ASAP..
Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

just for clarification, the run off is "20" for offline franchise....does that mean it runs off 20 seconds, or it runs the play clock down to 20 seconds, and thus would not take off as much time as 15 would
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #31
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Last year I used 25 seconds accelerated clock which brought the clock down to 20 seconds and after watching a few videos of games within franchise mode I saw that it goes to 20 seconds so that's a relief on my part because last year i was able to get a realistic amount of plays per game using 15 minute quarters. I still would like to see this addressed though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwassel
just for clarification, the run off is "20" for offline franchise....does that mean it runs off 20 seconds, or it runs the play clock down to 20 seconds, and thus would not take off as much time as 15 would
Runs playclock to 20 seconds. If you break the huddle and don't rush to the line, you get set at the LOS with about 13-15 seconds on the clock. While I would prefer to have control, and set it at 15 last year, I find 20 to be a happy medium, if it's going to be forced on me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »