Home

Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

This is a discussion on Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw2010
Stormyhog and Skyboxer are my new favorite posters.....I am 41 and remember all the games. Sears Pong system was my first, Intellivision, Atari 2600, the original NES....oh the memory's

Remember Tecmo Bowl and the 8 plays a game you could pick? The rosters were all jacked up you could throw 99 yard passes? Super Tecmo Bo and the impossible to tackles

I bet I spent 100's of hours playing that game....took every team that sucked and won Super Bowls.it was what it was.
I'm 50. I got you beat. And games/HD/Dev tools were a lot less sophisticated 30 years ago. (Back in the Hand Held football days, and the PONG Days).

Hardware, Development tools, Development techniques and technologies, and video games have gotten a LOT more sophisticated since then. There is nothing wrong with having reasonable expectations. Like expecting things that were in games 7 years ago, or fixing bugs that have existed in the game for almost a decade. There is nothing wrong with having your expectations a little higher.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #58
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Some of you should take your own advice. Don't like it? Don't use it.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Or, some people have low expectations and are easily satisfied, and can't understand that others have have higher expectations.
Yes, you are a much more refined gamer. I love the attitude that if you like a certain game or can live with certain issues you are some how discerning or less of a gamer.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So far so good. Needs slider tweaks for sure. I don't have enough game time in though to really say for sure it's all good.
I hear you haven't gotten the game yet. True? I'm anxious to hear what you thing.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by topzzz
Madden Sucks. Graphics look like ***. Second Year in a row I will be
sticking with NCAA and NOT buying Madden.

Thank you for sharing. I can sleep better tonite......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
All I did was exactly what you did but turned it around. You were blasting others for having realistic issues, trying to say there expectations were unreasonable.

I just gave it right back to you. If you don't like it, then don't do it to others. LOL.
Actually that's not what he did, nor is it what you did. But keep up the agenda.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I hear you haven't gotten the game yet. True? I'm anxious to hear what you thing.
I've had the game since yesterday. Not enough time.. Fun so far, but only 2 games in.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yes, you are a much more refined gamer. I love the attitude that if you like a certain game or can live with certain issues you are some how discerning or less of a gamer.
It's not that. I have no problem with those that enjoy it for what it is. What I have a problem with are those that blast others that have reasonable issues with the game. If all the guys in this thread had said, I'm enjoying it and can look past any flaws, I would have stayed out. But, most posts were calling out guys that mention or have mentioned some reasonable issues. Why should these guys tell others they shouldn't have higher expectations? And why aren't you commenting on there obvious bias against others?

If this thread would have been more civil, I would have just read through it and not posted.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-27-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »