Home

The more I read about Madden 12...

This is a discussion on The more I read about Madden 12... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #41
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The more I read about Madden 12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Look at your op objectively and tell me that's not what it looks like.
It looks like something written by someone who's frustrated. Perhaps by someone who has been looking forward to Tuesday but is very surprised by all the negative previews/reviews discussing bugs that, c'mon, really, have no business being present in the, what, 25th iteration of all-of-video-games' premier blue-chip franchise?

Please. But even if I WAS looking for things to criticize, it wouldn't take much searching. There's a lot of bad press this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I tried it in the demo for my peace of mind with Rodgers as that is the team I'll be using.

I tried it 8 times before the half.

First 4 , 3 carries 6 yds for Rodgers. 4th time he fumbled because he was starting to get tired.

Second 4 times, I noticed the Bears using the 4-6 defense. Rodgers ran 4 times for yds and again, didn't get a first down.

Rodgers is pretty aloof and probably has a speed over 70 in the game.

Doesn't look like an issue for me playing franchise, but if is a glitch offline, hope it is fixed with a patch.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

This clearly shows a lack of testing. Not sure why some people try to rationalize these flaws and thereby excuse EA/Tib's failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Look at your op objectively and tell me that's not what it looks like.
Nice try, but EA bashers don't pre-order EA games. Good job trying to discredit the OP, though. I guess it's easier for you to debate an issue after painting those that disagree with you as "having an agenda."

Seriously. Look at yourself objectively and tell me that's not what it looks like.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #44
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

D. It's not a game breaker if it doesn't affect everyone, even though I do feel for the online people, it should be fixed.
Wrong, it is a game-breaker because you have to avoid a certain part of the game in order for it to not be a problem. Even if you don't play online, or don't play randoms online, you have to avoid calling the play even if the situation calls for it. Either way, it's a problem, and we all know why the game was released in spite of this problem.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
Wrong, it is a game-breaker because you have to avoid a certain part of the game in order for it to not be a problem. Even if you don't play online, or don't play randoms online, you have to avoid calling the play even if the situation calls for it. Either way, it's a problem, and we all know why the game was released in spite of this problem.
Wrong and wrong.

I already tried my results in the demo.

I play offline, doesn't affect me. If it affects online, they need to patch it.

The only time I've called it in a previous Madden is on the GL. Is it a glitch if I call it on the GL and the AI D comes out in GL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

"The more I read about M12".....

Remember the pre-internet days? We bought the game, and played it. That's what I may do.....the more things people find/post/make Youtube vids about the game's flaws, the less I'm inclined to just play and the more I, myself am looking for these flaws.

The internet----good that we can communicate with devs and show issues, bad because it turns off regular players....lol.

Spoiler
Old 08-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #47
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
This clearly shows a lack of testing. Not sure why some people try to rationalize these flaws and thereby excuse EA/Tib's failures.

Nice try, but EA bashers don't pre-order EA games. Good job trying to discredit the OP, though. I guess it's easier for you to debate an issue after painting those that disagree with you as "having an agenda."

Seriously. Look at yourself objectively and tell me that's not what it looks like.
The bottom line is that everyone has a different standard that they hold these games to and that standard is what determines whether a game is worth $60 on the release date, $30-40 used, or worth nothing at all.

That's the beauty of forums like this in my opinion. I wish I was on sites like this back in the 90's and could have gotten full reviews of games from various sources before spending my hard earned money as a teenager. Now that I'm a grown man, I value my time even more than money and I'd rather not waste my little bit of free time on a game that requires me to put more effort into making it realistic than the development company seemed to put into testing/QA.

People have been trying to silence and downplay the disappointed consumer on here for years and it has failed every time. It will fail again this year and every year until the consumer gets what they have been asking for. Luckily for EA/Tiburon, they are the only game in town. That's even more reason to put these kind of issues out into the open and hope they get corrected rather than trying to make excuses for a company with a monopoly over the market.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #48
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Odd they got that QB Sneak right in NCAA 12 but its broken in this game. I'm sure its an easy fix they just have to change the QB to do that dive thing when you run the sneak like they did in the past. If you pinch your D line I wonder if its that easy?

Does this only work if you run the GL QB Sneak?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »