Home

The more I read about Madden 12...

This is a discussion on The more I read about Madden 12... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The more I read about Madden 12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
What glitch is that? Is it a game breaker?
I don't own a copy of M12, but in the demo it was for me. If you pump fake as soon as the ball is snapped, it cancels out the drop back allowing the QB to start scrambling right away.

This brings out another question. Does the zone coverage work the same way as in the demo? I've already written in length about the issues with zone coverage and scrambling QBs that makes the game almost unplayable, unless you disable QB scrambles somehow.

This is the summary of the post I've linked to
Quote:
  • Neither defenders in zone or man coverage can react to a scrambling QB until he's over the line of scrimmage.
  • Defenders playing QB spy will mimic the QB's movement, but not necessarily tackle him at the line of scrimmage. Especially if you make a juke move just before crossing the line of scrimmage - an animation won't play out, but the defender will be fooled nonetheless.
  • Rodgers is successful against up to three QB spies, while Cutler struggles against two.
Can anyone confirm if they've fixed the issue with zone coverage and scrambling QBs?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

I don't get what the big deal is. If you truely are a sim player and are looking to play sim players (and i believe you are), Why don't you just play in the community. Maybe one out of every 15 or so players you meet up with will be abusing exploits like that QB sneak glitch, so there's nothing you have to worry about. There's a reason that nobody here has heard of it; people are having too much fun playing others that just want to enjoy a game of real football, and the mindset will be shared by almost everyone you play.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
I don't get what the big deal is. If you truely are a sim player and are looking to play sim players (and i believe you are), Why don't you just play in the community. Maybe one out of every 15 or so players you meet up with will be abusing exploits like that QB sneak glitch, so there's nothing you have to worry about. There's a reason that nobody here has heard of it; people are having too much fun playing others that just want to enjoy a game of real football, and the mindset will be shared by almost everyone you play.
Unless they've fixed the zone coverage issues with scrambling QBs, this also applies to CPU controlled QBs.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #20
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

@ kwabalicious: Here's the problem. There's nothing wrong with sneaking the QB at times. It's a legit play in real football. That's why it sucks that it's money. It's not like some obscure play that might be 1 of 20 in a 3WR set. It's a QB sneak that everyone should be able to use once in a while. But if it's money, then it's essentially going to be forbidden in these communities, which means you're forbidden from QB sneaking, which is just moronic. (The post below me is a perfect example of why this whole thing sucks.)

I'm sure EA will fix it in a patch, but that's my whole point of this post. Why buy the damn game day1 just to be EA's unpaid beta-teatser AGAIN!?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
I played a guy last night in the OScommunity lobby and I will have to admit i used this play at the goaline. It was 3rd and 1 and the second time it was 2and inches.

If this is acceptable then fine, but as it stands in my mind after watching this video ( i dont use QB sneaks unless its goaline due to this being an issue in the past) I feel like i cheated him in a way even though the game wasnt even close for him.

So maybe we need to get the jist of this from Milleniums point of vies on this and go from there, or whoever has say so in the community lobby!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

I already bought Madden 12, and took advantage of the Amazon.com $20 credit for Madden (saving that for MW3). If I am unhappy with Madden, it will be good for something when I bring it to GameStop for trade along with MLB The Show and Call of Duty BlackOps. NBA 2K12 should be free with that value.

Edit: and my NBA 2K11, of course.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I did a QB Sneak the other night, not realizing this glitch. Flacco took the snap and it seemed like he immediately reappeared about 5 or 6 yds. past the line of scrimmage. It was strange, and I realized something was wrong, and I felt bad about it.

Has anyone tried goalline and the D-Line pinches and crashes middle. Could this stop it?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #24
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of all the justifications for money plays in games. I've been on OS for 9 years, and every year it's the same counterargument when it comes to a money play: don't run that play all the time. That's besides the point. What that represents is a lack of testing from the developer's side, and that's not just EA Tiburon, as almost every sports game has had a money play or two at some point.

How is playing against other "sim players" going to change the fact that the glitch still exists? What happens if the situation actually calls for a QB sneak? Are you going to run an HB slash instead? So it's okay to just totally ignore something like it's not there? If my little sister kept tapping me on the shoulder annoyingly, pretending she's not there is not going to prevent her from continuing to tap my shoulder LOL.

I thought the goal of the OS community was to lobby so that sports games become more authentic and less "video gamey"? (Despite its flaws, I don't consider Madden an arcade game, so "video gamey" is the word I use for a game that's not sim but not too over the top either) I'm just getting to the breaking point where I'm tired of seeing the same thing every year with this franchise (and NCAA).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »