Home

(Requesting) Madden 12 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on (Requesting) Madden 12 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: (Requesting) Madden 12 Draft Class Guide

rdm, not sure if you remember or not but I did the guide for madden 10, and had done them for head coach back when that was going.

I was thinking if you wanted some help we could work on getting this out together using a shared google document or spreadsheet so we could both edited it real time online, and export it into different formats for people. Would make it so the work wouldnt be as stressful for either of us, since i had planned on doing a guide for this year (you beat me to it last year).

Also, I too would like to get a few more stats in if possible, like the important ones for the positions. Let me know if your interested.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #34
Rookie

probably like mentioned about the best way to go about this, at least for now is picking a position with the smallest amount of average players to draft in each draft. Probably the kickers or punters, and call each draft group by the top kicker or punter.. it would be an easy way to check which draft your in.

Im going through as many draft classes as i can tonight writing down the info from the K's and P's to try and get a list of individual draft classes, and get that started, then ill go back and fill the rest out afterwards using those as a starting point.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
probably like mentioned about the best way to go about this, at least for now is picking a position with the smallest amount of average players to draft in each draft. Probably the kickers or punters, and call each draft group by the top kicker or punter.. it would be an easy way to check which draft your in.

Im going through as many draft classes as i can tonight writing down the info from the K's and P's to try and get a list of individual draft classes, and get that started, then ill go back and fill the rest out afterwards using those as a starting point.
That sounds good. I'm up to 10 seasons simmed now with save points in each for quick retrieval. We need to do some testing, though, to make sure that all the other player attributes (besides name and number) are the same between saves.

For example, is a player that's projected top 10 always going to be so, or can he be Top 5 in a new franchise, or even a plain 1st rounder?

-rdm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1800
That sounds good. I'm up to 10 seasons simmed now with save points in each for quick retrieval. We need to do some testing, though, to make sure that all the other player attributes (besides name and number) are the same between saves.

For example, is a player that's projected top 10 always going to be so, or can he be Top 5 in a new franchise, or even a plain 1st rounder?

-rdm
For what its worth, in last year's game, even when the draft guide would say Top 10, it would kind of depend on the draft order of the teams at the end of the year. I saw Top 10 players fall to mid 1st round or sometimes Top 5, but never it seems to fall completely out of a round.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 AM   #37
Rookie

Im collecting a decent amount of info on each that will hopefully be enough to check against. They are supposed to use random names, but im keeping track of those as well just incase. Im through a couple of drafts as well, so will be interesting comparing to yours to see if we get some similarities. Should make this go alot faster. I'm excited enough about doing this that I might stay up all night doing it because I dont have to work tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden1976
For what its worth, in last year's game, even when the draft guide would say Top 10, it would kind of depend on the draft order of the teams at the end of the year. I saw Top 10 players fall to mid 1st round or sometimes Top 5, but never it seems to fall completely out of a round.
Yeah, the order in which players actually get drafted will change somewhat in every franchise. We're simply recording the projected round that the game lists for the players. Since we can't know how teams will actually draft when the situation in each franchise is different, that's all we can realistically do.

This helps people using the guide to know whether they have a shot at a particular player or not. If my team holds R1 Pick 7, then I can't bank on getting a Top 5 projected player. He may end up falling to pick 7, but there's no way to know that, and it will change between franchises.

Also, this was, by far, the most asked question from users of my 2011 guide, but in regards to online franchise. Online franchise works completely different, since there are no projected rounds and everyone can see all the stats of the players (except for potential) before the draft. For online franchise, the guide really isn't very helpful other than to show Potential ratings (A, B, C, etc.) These guides are mainly useful for Offline.

-rdm
Old 08-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
Im collecting a decent amount of info on each that will hopefully be enough to check against. They are supposed to use random names, but im keeping track of those as well just incase. Im through a couple of drafts as well, so will be interesting comparing to yours to see if we get some similarities. Should make this go alot faster. I'm excited enough about doing this that I might stay up all night doing it because I dont have to work tomorrow.
I really hail you guys for doing all this work. Let us know if you need help with any aspect of it, like data entry in spreadsheet to lessen the burden. I'm sure you could get more than one volunteer here who are excited to see this thing come to fruition sooner.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have also started with doing some data collection, although it seems that you are way ahead of me already rdm. As you've been doing this over the course of a few seasons now, it would seem you know more about what to focus in on to determine draft anchors. I just got the game yesterday, but my power was out for most of the day as a result of that stupid Tropical Storm Irene. If you need any help with analysis or whatnot, let me know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »