Home

Can't kick a PAT??

This is a discussion on Can't kick a PAT?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't kick a PAT??

For the life of me I can't kick a PAT in this game. Kick a field goal? Forget about it. I never had a problem in Madden 11 with kicking unless it was online because of lag. But this isn't online. I missed 5 straight PATs very badly. I understand they might have wanted to make kicking a bit more challenging but kicking a PAT should never be that hard, it's a layup.

I tried adjusting the special teams sliders but had to back out of my franchise and go to the main menu because there is no option to change those sliders in Franchise Mode, even when playing a game. But even after adjusting the sliders I'm still having issues. I went back and read the manual. What gives? Anybody else having issues kicking field goals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

JosephAddai29's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Can't kick a PAT??

its not that hard to kick... press a once at the top and then again in the white bar at the bottom... maybe your not pressing it the second time (third if you count the one that starts the bar moving)?
Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Don't use full power, and make sure you hit the white line.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

I didnt have a hard time hitting FGs or PATs. I noticed that when adjusting against the wind the littlest bit you move the directional arrow can affect which way it goes is pretty good.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

I feel really dumb but that wasn't working. I would press X to fill the meter and the X in the top of the meter and the X at the white line, except no matter what the meter wouldn't stop at the white line. It would just keep going. Even when I lowered the power of my kick. I'll try again today though and see if I can get it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Rookie

same thing happens to me. i try to stop it at the bottom and it seems like it just keeps going. i tried pressing A before the white line and after it. sometimes it stops, but most of the time it doesn't. i don't even want to play my next franchise game until i figure it out because i keep missing
Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

thats odd.....I have been playing the retail version for almost a full week now and havent had any problems at all with the accuracy meter. Sounds like there is an issue with the controller or the game or something because it is extremely easy to kick extra points unless you completely miss the accuracy bar.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

your button on the controller is probably going out. have tried switching to another controller?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »