Home

My worst fears confirmed.

This is a discussion on My worst fears confirmed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: My worst fears confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
The guys who spent hours and hours working on the data care. It doesn't matter if you plan to use it or not (I didn't really know about it until now), but it would suck to think you wasted so much time.
But that's precisely what he was doing when he undertook this project...

I feel for the guy, I suppose (I really don't see how you can't just plug this into Excel and "redo" all your ratings on the 0-99 scale in two seconds), but it's not like EA can't do as they please with their ratings. They haven't even really been consistent with their rating scale on next gen anyway so this should have been at least somewhat expected.

I guess I'm just not sure what the real issue is and why we should really care. It was a dude's hobby and he shared it with us, but that's about it, no?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I can relate on some level back when I would manually rerate and do all the roster moves in the offseason on prev gens madden. It would kill me to get the new one knowing that all those hours were lost. I hope he can get his site back on track and I hope he continues to post on OS as his insight was alway thoughtful when it comes to player ratings and Madden in general.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #35
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
Sorry if im late to the party but what is FBG???
A ratings system for using real scouting data to make Madden ratings. Check out the site on my sig. 17190 players rated.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #36
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
His speed/strength ratings seem to be on par more than EA's, but his QB throw power ratings are pretty inaccurate, all across the board. I'm still waiting for the scouting data that lead him to believe Greg McElroy warrants 89 throw power.

And TJ Yates has adequate arm strength, but certainly not enough to be given 90 throw power, one point below Jake Locker. Donny Moore's QB ratings are far superior, IMO. Either way, good luck next season.
Explain how those ratings are inaccurate? It's my data. It's my interpolation. Do you have the data? Do you have a ratings website with 17000+ players each rated according to real scouting data. What if 90 IS adequate? Ever consider that? If Donny's ratings were "far superior" they wouldn't have interviewed me in to take his job.
NFL Scout

Old 08-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #37
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
Your WORST fears? Really? You must live in a REALLY safe area.
For those who follow the site, this was one of the things up in the air for release. Try rating 17000+ players then realize that a change to the ratings scale may change up all of your data, especially when you have people counting on your site.
NFL Scout

Old 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #38
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Explain how those ratings are inaccurate? It's my data. It's my interpolation. Do you have the data? Do you have a ratings website with 17000+ players each rated according to real scouting data. What if 90 IS adequate? Ever consider that? If Donny's ratings were "far superior" they wouldn't have interviewed me in to take his job.
So, Jake Locker has adequate arm strength?

No offense, but if those QB ratings are what would be in store for future Madden titles, I can't believe I'm saying this, but - I'll be backing Donny Moore.

Greg McElroy doesn't have adequate arm strength - link me to anything or anyone that says otherwise.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #39
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
What does Donny have Kaepernick's throw power rated? this is an honest question because I'm not sure, but if he's not one of the top two or three guys in the league in that category, then that's not right.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #40
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
But that's precisely what he was doing when he undertook this project...

I feel for the guy, I suppose (I really don't see how you can't just plug this into Excel and "redo" all your ratings on the 0-99 scale in two seconds), but it's not like EA can't do as they please with their ratings. They haven't even really been consistent with their rating scale on next gen anyway so this should have been at least somewhat expected.

I guess I'm just not sure what the real issue is and why we should really care. It was a dude's hobby and he shared it with us, but that's about it, no?
Well and I knew that. But like I said on page one, it all turned out good because I had built the scale from 0 to 99 initially.
NFL Scout

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »