Home

And with the number 5 overall pick...

This is a discussion on And with the number 5 overall pick... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: And with the number 5 overall pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
That is the improved draft logic.

Now we can expect a response from EA along the lines of "We are going to fix this. Eventually. Thank you for being a beta tester."
sad but true
Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdcgg81
Lazy coding , terrible coding, half a$$ cosing. What Ever you want to call it, It's bad. You must of not up played this franchise on this current gen. Extremely dissapointing stuff this game has been.
I do agree with you, I just wish people would lay the blame with the suits a little more often than the devs. It's the suits who resource the project and set time and budget constraints. The devs job is to do the best with what they have to work with. As a dev you don't get to work on a project like madden by being lazy.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I called it lazy coding because as a coder myself i see many ways to fix this, some simple and rather crude (like writing a few lines that say never select a K/P before round X) or more elegant methods that would include adding more weight in AI evaluation of player value to include the teams needs and the players position.

It is this same lazy coding that currently places no value on a players potential, age, cost and most importantly the teams investment, when cutting players. 60 minutes of testing would have caught the fact that under almost no circumstances would Tennessee just cut Jake Locker in year two because the Titans were dumb enough to take another QB in the first year of my now abandoned franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
That is the improved draft logic.

Now we can expect a response from EA along the lines of "We are going to fix this. Eventually. Thank you for being a beta tester."
i thought the response was" this is working as intended, the jags have a great need at punter"
Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

We paid $60 to be beta testers. Franchise is unusable for me. They ruined NCAA Online Dynasty for me as well, since the advance freeze glitch happened.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
I called it lazy coding because as a coder myself i see many ways to fix this, some simple and rather crude (like writing a few lines that say never select a K/P before round X) or more elegant methods that would include adding more weight in AI evaluation of player value to include the teams needs and the players position.

It is this same lazy coding that currently places no value on a players potential, age, cost and most importantly the teams investment, when cutting players. 60 minutes of testing would have caught the fact that under almost no circumstances would Tennessee just cut Jake Locker in year two because the Titans were dumb enough to take another QB in the first year of my now abandoned franchise.

I am truly blown away by all of this stuff in franchise mode being brought to light around here.

Call me one of the persons who had such high hopes and excitement for the game. And had a great feeling EA was going to pull it off with all the enhancements to franchise mode.

Now I am going to really enjoy the game. But I never anticipated having to control 32 teams. Although I will do it....I am not exactly thrilled about it at all when I know those 4-5 hours of cutting, offseason work and drafting could be used to play more games within my franchise.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I do agree with you, I just wish people would lay the blame with the suits a little more often than the devs. It's the suits who resource the project and set time and budget constraints. The devs job is to do the best with what they have to work with. As a dev you don't get to work on a project like madden by being lazy.
They need to rise to the occasion. Stop with the excuses. They are all to blame. This company pulls millions off of us, the least they can do is provide us with everything we have asked for for years. Not to mention they had 2 years to get franchise mode up to par and still have mistakes like this. They need to get it together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich

Why not allow us to edit the draft class in either NCAA before its imported or in Madden afterwards?

Can we just get the ability to turn the pictures off and use the silhouette?
I agree with the part about letting us edit the Class before it's Imported and I also agree about the pictures, I just had a draft class where a LG has the picture of Kelly Gregg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »