Home

Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

This is a discussion on Who would like to see real field goal % implemented? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Real field goal %
Yes 49 80.33%
No 12 19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

I like the current kick meter, but maybe they could add some difficulty by randomizing the speed of the meter. Sometimes it would go really fast, sometimes really slow. Higher rated kickers would have more consistent speeds and low rated kickers would have wild fluctuations between fast and slow.

I also like some of the suggestions in this thread about the size of the sweet spot being determined by real fg%
Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I voted yes.

Real FT % works for the NBA2k franchise. Kicking field goals and shooting free throws are nearly identical in video games.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe making the kicking meter more difficult would suffice. However, real% doesn't equate realism whatsoever. If you want it that "SIM", then why not have real % for everything such as...

passing
fumbles
timeouts (in relation to when the given coach normally uses his)
run/pass (team and system are the determining factor)
formation
trades

This absurd list could continue, but EA does need to develop a better system to accurately depict the elite kickers/punters from the rest of the pack. I'm all for control/sticks, but their should be variation in ability. EA needs to implement a more difficult meter including both "power" and accuracy. Kickers NEED to have some type of clutch rating as well, to many important games are altered by these guys.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Love to see a slower/faster meter depending on kicking ability, distance, etc. In fact they could just copy the model used for the meter style of pitching on MLB The Show. Would fit perfectly.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.353142,-2.377368
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
i like this idea, but i think the difficulty of the kicking meter is where this should be implemented. for instance, a kicker like nate kaeding should have the meter go kind of slow, but not too much, as to a kicker like sebastian janikowski, who can be erratic at times; so make the meter go much faster, which could affect both power and speed. he's probably the best kicker in the game solely because accuracy means nothing if you hit the right spots on the meter; therefore, this is where i believe the change should be made.

you should be rewarded for getting the meter right and landing a perfect kick, but i believe the change should make ratings affect how good a kicker is and how accurate he is, and not just how strong his leg is.
I agree with this solution. Definitely a varying meter speed (and size of the optimum accuracy area) based on ratings and situation would help to make kicking more of a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
This is obviously targeted to more of the sim player and being that the meter is almost a guarantee that you are going to make it is pretty much a let down. I also stated that an option to use real fg % or meter should be available.
If you just wanted an option, then why ask the question?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #23
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd rather that 'good' field goals are called. I've had and seen good FGs be called no good about 10 times already.

This would be a decent solution for online lag issues, but it's not for me. I guess people should have the choice.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

YES! I make every single FG even with accuracy at ZERO! What i am doing now is set fg accuracy to 40, which i've found very realistic cuz cpu misses!

What i do is when its 4th down(right after a failed 3rd down conversion), I go to controller select and place my controller in the middle. Then the cpu will attempt the FG for me and I just watch it. I absolutely have been LOVING THIS! I see misses realistically, and I've seen one blocked as well. The trick is however to switch over controller as soon as play is over on failed 3rd down conversion. If you don't, then you can do it for that play. IF I mistakingly forget or hit the X button on accident to get to next play by habit, I will then supersim the play and most times I make the FG, but sometimes I miss just like it should.

I would HIGHLY reccomend doing this for anyone that finds making FGs too easy as it always has in Madden, but wants that sime style of gameplay. It will make you really think about your kickers range when trying to get into FG range for that game winning kick!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »