Home

Anyone Else? Madden gone

This is a discussion on Anyone Else? Madden gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Anyone Else? Madden gone

So far, I'm still happy with M12. I like it about as much as I liked M10, which I thought was decent overall.

I think for me the break (I skipped M11) helped me look into M12 and I was liking the added franchise changes. I think they are steps in the right direction, they just need to actually look at the NFL with some of this stuff (the UDFAs, for example, there's not nearly as much turnover as they think), and tweak the systems so they don't screw up their own AI (UDFAs again).

I don't know where I'll stand on M13 - I'll worry about that when the time comes, but so far, I'm satisfied with M12.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

The recent trend with sports games needing patches before things can be completely playable to the standards of most is something that I've been struggling with. I mean, the patch we just got for NCAA caused more issues that make the game difficult to play for some. That scares me for the inevitable Madden patch that we will get.

I love football and have always been a big supporter of Madden since Madden 2001 when I really got into gaming, but for my style of play which is offline franchise, I find myself missing my old PS2 Maddens.

Maybe I was younger and didn't know any better or maybe they just were better, but I loved being able to put a game into my PS2 and play it the same in August as I could in January. Now, I feel like I'm always waiting for a patch or always waiting for a roster. Always waiting for...something.

I have Madden this year and I played it quite a bit, but waiting for rosters or a patch to fix the disappearing player roles in franchise has put it on the backburner so far. I don't come out and make a big deal and scream "foul" when these things are going wrong, but I do tell myself to stop buying the game and as I get older, it's becoming more of a reality. I'm assuming I'm not alone in that feeling either.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Heh, funny since I skipped Madden 11 but am enjoying 12 and will more than likely have it in decent rotation.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #20
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Madden 12 doesn't quite have that wow factor, but it has a lot of really good things going for it.

I particularly like the ebb and flow of each game produced by dynamic player performance, as it does a good job of capturing the drama and momentum changes that occur during a game.

Probably the main test for me is when I sit down to play practice mode, telling myself I'll get in a quick 15 minute session of random play versus random play, next thing I know I look at the clock and an hour has gone by.

That being said, I haven't gotten into franchise mode. The one time I did check it out I saw Marshawn Lynch playing as a 2nd team WR during the first exhibition game. If stuff like that isn't addressed in the patch it will be kind of a let down, but I still see myself playing the game quite a bit regardless. Being a fan of the NFL in general probably helps pique my interest.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #21
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Madden 12 doesn't quite have that wow factor, but it has a lot of really good things going for it.
Agree and a big part of it not having the "wow" factor is due to it feeling like a game that should have came out 3-4 years ago. Well, that and the poor commentary that usually breaks immersion. (In my opinion)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Agree and a big part of it not having the "wow" factor is due to it feeling like a game that should have came out 3-4 years ago. Well, that and the poor commentary that usually breaks immersion. (In my opinion)

Oh, the commentaries, yeah... Ridiculous...
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #23
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

To me Madden 12 is a good game but lacks a certain degree of polish that lets it be special. Mostly the broken commentary kinda jars you out of the presentation and the bugs in franchise mode are annoying
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #24
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I think this year Madden has taken a step in the right direction with the franchise additions. That being said, the game this year feel's soul-less. Even with the additions there is just something about this year that is not pulling me in-even in comparison to previous years. The biggest problem this franchise faces is it's so far behind the 8-ball.

Long time fans of Madden will be continually let down every year because most of the new additions are thing's we have been requesting for years or idea's that were already implemented in similar games. Instead of receiving Madden and being overwhelmed with new innovative ideas, we are left assessing old idea's or features that are being implemented currently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »