Home

Anyone Else? Madden gone

This is a discussion on Anyone Else? Madden gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #65
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Anyone Else? Madden gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
If Gus Johnson is your reason for not liking the game, then you are just looking for excuses to not like the game. I listen to music when I play and don't feel like I can't enjoy the game.

Give me gameplay over anything else and you got my.money.
That's not the only reason, kudos to you that u can listen to music while gaming, I know many gamers who do that, I can't and never could especially playing sports game, I want to emerge myself in the game from playing to listening, I pay 60 bucks to enjoy the game and hear the sounds when playing, I don't want to play music while trying to hear the sounds of football that just aren't there. I wanna hear my crowd chant for me in big spots, I wanna hear boos when I'm playing bad, I want ht e announcers to call the game as real as they can make it sound, in madden is just not there.

I never said madden was bad, but for me it just wasn't fun for me, EA could have done much better this year with madden IMO. I played ever madden and know we all have our own opinions and that's what we are all in titled too, but it kinda of makes me chuckle a bit when I see guys writing madden is the best football game to date, it's not even close, maybe the best madden, yes, but what is that saying. Madden has been lack luster for so many years, so when I read it's the best all time, to me that not saying really much a all.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever

I never said madden was bad, but for me it just wasn't fun for me, EA could have done much better this year with madden IMO. I played ever madden and know we all have our own opinions and that's what we are all in titled too, but it kinda of makes me chuckle a bit when I see guys writing madden is the best football game to date, it's not even close, maybe the best madden, yes, but what is that saying. Madden has been lack luster for so many years, so when I read it's the best all time, to me that not saying really much a all.
I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree. To me, Madden 11 played a terrible game of football. Madden 12 is significantly better than 11, to me, and it's not even close. So, to me, when it's significantly better game play, I need to note that. I'm not saying it's the greatest football of all time, but as much as we criticize the game, (me included), we should note when it's good too.

And if you feel all the previous Maddens have been lackluster ,boring and not fun, why continue to purchase it on a yearly basis?

We knew in June at E3 that sound and commentary were not going to updated till Madden 13.

Last edited by roadman; 09-15-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 4
I kept NCAA for 6 weeks. Had more fun in a handful of games with Madden then I did in 6 weeks of NCAA.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 19

I agree about the commentary/presentaion/atmosphere. simply put, EA needs to realize that these are important elements in sports gaming.
The game is lifeless, cause of this.

Most folks will play and purchase the game cause they need to get their footbal fix, but the game's replay value will most likely be minimal as usual.

Its too bad cause football could be the most immersive of all the sports games, due to the 16 game schedule. This is the one game were folks can play multiple seasons without actually playing abbreviated season etc.
and thats the sad thing. EA does not take advantage of this by providinga complete thoughtout process.

look at 2k and Sony, IMO their games are so immersive that folks get in multiple seasons by simming and playing abbreveiated season. and those sports seasons are 3/4 tomes longer than football.

NBA2k is fresh every year, the MLB 2k title, though a little buggy is totally enjoyable because of the atmosphere and commentary, and innovative swing stick..

The Show's presetation is a little bland , but gameplay wise and franchise wise has so much done right that it doesnt matter.

EA's board/higher ups just doesnt care. I doubt its the developers, cause no developer wants to put out sub par titles.

The NCAA title is the stronger of the two. Madden is good compared to previous MAdden titles, but falls short when compared to other sports titles.

Last edited by tril; 09-15-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril

The NCAA title is the stronger of the two. Madden is good compared to previous MAdden titles, but falls short when compared to other sports titles.
If you are talking about Madden's commentary being poor, NCAA's is neck and neck in that department with Madden. I haven't heard a new line in several years from the NCAA team.

At least in Madden, while the commentary is terrible, there are a few new lines here and there I've noticed.

The only thing that puts Madden over the top with lousy commentary is because of the number calling instead of names.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
That's not the only reason, kudos to you that u can listen to music while gaming, I know many gamers who do that, I can't and never could especially playing sports game, I want to emerge myself in the game from playing to listening, I pay 60 bucks to enjoy the game and hear the sounds when playing, I don't want to play music while trying to hear the sounds of football that just aren't there. I wanna hear my crowd chant for me in big spots, I wanna hear boos when I'm playing bad, I want ht e announcers to call the game as real as they can make it sound, in madden is just not there.

See that is your opinion and now you are sounding like the many who have beef with.madden and claim is always the same but stick buy the game. Once you said thst those who claim is the best game to date are funny. I am one of those because regardless of how good 2k5 is, it is not better then this years madden.on the field. My opinion

If you say is funny us calling it great and that saying is the best madden to date means not much then why buy it. If I feel like a game is not giving me my moneys worth for 6 years now then why would I buy it every year.

When you start to pick a game apart based on commentary or weather and neglect the fact that the gameplay is unmatched from any game ever made of football then you just not a madden fan.

2k5 was a classic but madden this year is much better and is because that game is old.

NBA live 10 had great commentary and boos and cheers but I hated the gameplay.

Gameplay keeps me playing, sound and presentation wows me the first week only.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #71
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
See that is your opinion and now you are sounding like the many who have beef with.madden and claim is always the same but stick buy the game. Once you said thst those who claim is the best game to date are funny. I am one of those because regardless of how good 2k5 is, it is not better then this years madden.on the field. My opinion

If you say is funny us calling it great and that saying is the best madden to date means not much then why buy it. If I feel like a game is not giving me my moneys worth for 6 years now then why would I buy it every year.

When you start to pick a game apart based on commentary or weather and neglect the fact that the gameplay is unmatched from any game ever made of football then you just not a madden fan.

2k5 was a classic but madden this year is much better and is because that game is old.

NBA live 10 had great commentary and boos and cheers but I hated the gameplay.

Gameplay keeps me playing, sound and presentation wows me the first week only.
well I ought it based on what they showed us at E3 and what they showed leading up to the game, and I did like what I saw and read, it just didn't live up to the bill for me when I bought it. Hey I might repurchase again if I really need my fix of NFL football, but at this point I can love without it, Gameplay was improved, but nothing ground breaking. Again one man opinion.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #72
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I took 2 years off of Madden so to me 12 is pretty good. I'm kind of frustrated with all of the fake players generated in franchise mode, but I'm having fun with Madden for the first time since 05. To me, Madden 05 was the pinnacle of the franchise and a blast to play. M12 comes close to that for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »