Home

so no word on patch and

This is a discussion on so no word on patch and within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #41
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: so no word on patch and

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzedlightyear
i hate to add onto all of this because i'm fairly satisfied with the game.

however, due to my little knowledge of patching... is there anyway this commentary can be improved or updated or anything!? its literally making me not want to play the game in the first place. playing with no commentary is too dull... but hearing a two paragraph spiel about Nick Collins every damn game is getting on my nerves. same with describing the defense. EVERY GAME he says "this teams all about balance. from the line to the backs". its a stupid statement to make in the first place, i'm not trying to hear it every game.

this and the insane amounts of incorrect play commentary. pick six's are getting confused with incomplete passes. rushing TD's are being confused with sacks? not to mention they just labeled BJ Raji as a "cornerback who takes the risk of being too aggressive" (something along those lines).

sorry i just had to vent.
Audio files are pretty large and assuming everything that EA has recorded in terms of commentary is in the game, the patch for commentary would be to big. Not to mention having Collinsworth and Gus come back in to record more audio during the football season isn't going to happen.

I think the issue with some players being called the wrong name can be patched if its just an issue of the wrong audio tag/file being attached to that player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Audio files are pretty large and assuming everything that EA has recorded in terms of commentary is in the game, the patch for commentary would be to big. Not to mention having Collinsworth and Gus come back in to record more audio during the football season isn't going to happen.

I think the issue with some players being called the wrong name can be patched if its just an issue of the wrong audio tag/file being attached to that player.
Audio files are extremely small. Specially with the ultra compressed commentary in Madden 12. Way too poor commentary audio quality IMO.

Once again, another reason games should be made to PS3 first. That 50gb can do much more then most realize.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Audio files are extremely small. Specially with the ultra compressed commentary in Madden 12. Way too poor commentary audio quality IMO.

Once again, another reason games should be made to PS3 first. That 50gb can do much more then most realize.
Really? What type of compression do they use? I still wouldn't see them being able to add enough commentary to make a difference that wouldn't significantly impact the size of the patch...
Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Really? What type of compression do they use? I still wouldn't see them being able to add enough commentary to make a difference that wouldn't significantly impact the size of the patch...
The audio files in Madden are very small.

I was just saying on a 50gb media, one could use no compression, because there would be more then enough room for large audio files. (Hey, next gen DTS HD audio for gaming anyone?)

For instance a 6MB aprox MP3 may be a 35 MB aprox WAV file. From the sound of the commentary quality, I'd say its compressed much more then the standard MP3.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #45
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:

I like this times 1000! It won't happen though...but since it looks like the PS4 will be out by the end of next year around Christmas, before the new xbox is out they will be making games on the ps4 instead of the xbox thank God! I mean, could you imagine Madden with the graphics and detail that MLB The Show has on the ps3? Althought I won't be buying the ps4 for a long time after its out, I can't wait to see what Madden looks like and feels like on there after a couple years of production.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Linebackers swatting down slant passes aren't the problem. The problem is with LB's leaping up to swat down passes intended for wide receivers running post patterns 30 yards down the field with the LB sitting 10 yards from the QB.
I have never seen anything like that
Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #47
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Quote:
The audio files in Madden are very small.

I was just saying on a 50gb media, one could use no compression, because there would be more then enough room for large audio files. (Hey, next gen DTS HD audio for gaming anyone?)

For instance a 6MB aprox MP3 may be a 35 MB aprox WAV file. From the sound of the commentary quality, I'd say its compressed much more then the standard MP3.
Okay so your judging the compression by the sound of the actual commentary (I assume for PS3?) that makes sense. I was judging from CPU games, cut-scenes and audio folders seem to take up a lot of memory. It would be interesting to look into the actual size of the audio files for a game like NBA2k.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:

Which will never happen, as the game has to be the same on both consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »