Home

What's your favorite commentary fail?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite commentary fail? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What's your favorite commentary fail?

NUMBER 72!!! will the hold.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

When I was down 10-0, and I score my first touchdown to make the score 10-7, one of the commentators says something like "And they just keep pouring it on in this one, this game is really getting out of hand"

SMH
Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

theres just to many to list from the wrong players names being said to the long fg and the non fg kicker jokes to when making a tackle on defense and gus or chris say calvin johnson with big hit and it was johnson being the one hit by like tj ward or any of my defensive players or when u throw pass to your wr or te and response is that rb with great catch.also the non talking where chris or gus dont talk @ all and u can keep running plays and no talking during the plays. i hope with the whole new commentary that they suppose to be recording for 13 they atleast attempt to fix most these issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden1976
Mine is when Gus asks "so, Chris, what does the offense have to do to get back into this game?" and Chris never NEVER responds!

LOL I know. When I first heard that, I was like...uh...that's cold, just ignoring the man like that.

Other fails I like:

-Over-emphasis on numbers on penalty calls. "NUMBER 77 got flagged for holding."

-STUCKEY! Enough said.

-Cris: The defense was battling on that one but what a break for the offense. (It was a holding call on the offense on first down...he thought it was a penalty on the defense that gave the offense the first down...)

-"The Cardinals scored the first touchdown of the game!" (Um...the Ravens just drove down the field for a TD the possession prior!)

-Oh and the DPP commentary about fumbling when the offense loses the ball and then gets it back the next possession. A bit...late.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't usually listen to the stupid commentary, but I turned it on for a few seconds and Chris called my WR a CB.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Another one I forgot.

Almost every time a pass goes for a TD, someone failed on an "attempted pick" and it went for a "big gain".

Even if it's a 10 yd pass for the TD. And even if no one really...attempted a pick!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

When there is a 21 point lead, cris always says something about digging themselves out of a hole.

this is the worst commentary i have EVER heard from a sports video game. Period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Playing a game with Ryan Mallett at qb, he throws a couple picks and collinsworth goes: its rare to see a seasoned vet like this qb forcing those passes in there. And then I was playing in another game against peyton manning and he threw a pick and collinsworth goes: well the rookie qb was bound to make some mistakes and he just made a big one there

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »