Home

Do you have Madden yet?

This is a discussion on Do you have Madden yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 AM   #33
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you have Madden yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
So the mechanics in MLB The Show and NBA 2k are virtually the same is they were seven years ago ?

Yeah they pretty much are, they are still baseball and basketball. The video games have improved, but the sport is the same. Thats what I was saying about football, its still the same sport. As far as Madden goes, like I said before the gameplay has changed with new catches, new runs and new tackles. Thats why you play The Show and 2K right? Because of new animations and features. Well how is that different? Each year each game adds new animations and features and Madden is no different. Really I guess I'm trying to say the core of each game is the same. Your playing football, basketball, or baseball. Thats it.

Last edited by cusefan74; 10-01-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I live in South America now, so I can't just go out and buy it. However, even if I could, I wouldn't yet. After everything I have read and seen, I'm not all that impressed. It sounds like franchise got a very nice overhaul, but still need a LOT of tuning.

With the Field Pass you can download the full game... but I can't keep it? Why can't I just go to the "Games on Demand" page on XBL and buy M12?!? What ever.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
So the mechanics in MLB The Show and NBA 2k are virtually the same is they were seven years ago ?
I've never played the MLB series. In fact, I haven't played a baseball game since RBI on Nintendo about 20 years ago. That said, lemme see if I can guess about the mechanics of MLB.

Do you still throw to 2nd base by hitting UP and a throw button? Do you still steal 3rd by pressing left and a steal button (one that isn't also a throw). If these are still the same, it could be said that baseball games haven't innovated their control sets either.

Cars haven't innovated their control set... Still a steering wheel and pedals.

Why would Madden change it's control set? Makes no sense.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #36
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'll play...

Mods tend to close/delete repeat posts. This is one of them. I'm guessing this one is OK because it's an "I love Madden post". Had it been an "I hate Madden" post, it would be locked already.

AKA, I love Madden, bought it at release, and you should've too. But it's not too late to get your copy and enjoy it as much as I am.

We get it, but you could've put that in the thread I linked. There's a whole crew in there that would've embraced you.

Do you see the irony?
Agreed. I just hadn't seen this post yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Great Post TNT! I can't understand why some people go off of some other persons opinions when deciding to purchase something. I keep hearing about people waiting for a patch before they buy it, but yet they really dont know why since they havent played it.
Casey, you gotta be honest- every Madden has been SEVERELY broken pre-patch, and sometimes more broken post patch. Truthfully, I've stayed out of the forums, because (and so)I can enjoy the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido247
I don't buy Madden to play people online. In fact, in all the years that I have purchased Madden, I have never played one game online.

I buy Madden for franchise mode only, combined with some extremely challenging sliders that the gurus on this site come up with after months of trial and error.

The franchise mode is an embarrassment this year, and that is why my Madden has not been played for more than 10 minutes. If the patch does not come out by 10.25, or does not fix the long list of issues in franchise. Then I can thank EA for the $30 trade in towards Battlefield 3.

Surprisingly, NCAA 12 has kept me pretty entertained this year w/Online Dynasties, and even normal dynasty.
I, conversely hated NCAA 12 it bored me to no end, although last year, NCAA kicked Madden's butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74

So I think everyone whining about how unperfect the game is, just stop playing it, get out of the Madden forums and leave it to people that like the game and want to play it. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I am sick of reading about you guys crying all the time.
This forum is for positive and negative opinions... don't tell people to get out of the forums. There are actually a lot of people in the middle on OS , too- but they're not as noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I live in South America now, so I can't just go out and buy it. However, even if I could, I wouldn't yet. After everything I have read and seen, I'm not all that impressed. It sounds like franchise got a very nice overhaul, but still need a LOT of tuning.

With the Field Pass you can download the full game... but I can't keep it? Why can't I just go to the "Games on Demand" page on XBL and buy M12?!? What ever.
It's actually pretty good, dude. And you know how rough I was on Madden last year.

Anyway, because this IS a duplicate thread, I'm closing this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »