Home

Practice squad and cut days.

This is a discussion on Practice squad and cut days. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Practice quad & cut days
Like it 6 10.71%
Don't like it 6 10.71%
Like it but needs A LOT of work! 44 78.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Practice squad and cut days.

What do you mean by creating full rosters prior to starting the franchise?

If it's really such a big issue going forward, I might have to control 32 teams, though I don't want to do that.

I think I'd probably allow each team to keep 3-5 of these guys, insist that they keep draft picks 1-3, and then just roll with it.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I love how this was one of EA's biggest additions to the game, but it fundamentally DOES NOT WORK and has absolutely no purpose.

Do they not test their games? First, NCAA 12 comes out with a completely glitched Custom Playbooks feature, even though that feature was their big addition for the game.

Then Madden comes out, and their big additions (Custom Playbooks and Expanded Rosters) are completely glitchy too.

They should just remove the expanded roster all together if all they're gonna do is generate fake players, make them all in the 40-50s OVR with F potential, AND have the CPU cut good players to keep this god-awful ones. I just don't understand how they didn't put at least a FEW gems in with these UDFAs, and how they didn't notice the CPU teams cutting good young players to keep these ones.

I love this game, but EA is just absolutely pathetic. At least test your god damn games before you release them FFS!!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I'd probably allow each team to keep 3-5 of these guys, insist that they keep draft picks 1-3, and then just roll with it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

It is a great Idea but It has had no affect for me and it is just stupid and pointless. Basically they give you 20 terrible players and you just cut them throughout the preseason. There is no guessing or anything.
I have not found anybody good which is unrealistic. You see plenty of undrafted guys make a team and have an impact. I was excited when I heard about it but it is not usefull at all.
They fixed the injury reserve which is somethin I do like though.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
I feel like it'd be better if I could choose who I wanted in training camp instead of randomly assigning players. For example, if I wanted to invite a ton of vet FA'S instead of ubdrafted rookies, ibshould be able to

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyuan927760
That's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to allow 3 maximum per team, with the worst teams getting the maximum and the better teams getting 1 or 2 to fill out the very bottom of the roster.

At that point, I'll just find some equitable way to fill the remaining teams' rosters using random.org or just good sense + a little self-restraint.

I'd much rather take that time on the front end and then let the teams run themselves during the season than deal with the fallout of having teams back-loaded with 10 or more players that need to be playing 8-man church league ball instead of playing in the NFL.

I really do like the idea, though, of these mysterious dudes coming in and some of them even standing out. I had a QB and a FS one off-season who just outplayed the starters at their respective spots, so I kept them and cut better rated players. Well, I came to find out that the FS, who was playing like a mid-70s guy, was actually a 57 with D potential and the QB was a 43 with F potential.

I'd really like it if these guys could come in and actually have their ratings be a little more dynamic such that if you play well with them, there's a chance that they're not such suckers. That's probably asking too much though.

Still, like the folks in The Show's forums say, at least there's a workaround, and it's proven to work, so this isn't really a huge deal.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Like it, but it needs some tweaks. <---- this option doesn't exist on the poll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Rookie

AsTheSparrow's Arena

The should patch in a way to skip your franchise's first preseason and not generate any players for year one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »