Home

Practice squad and cut days.

This is a discussion on Practice squad and cut days. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Practice quad & cut days
Like it 6 10.71%
Don't like it 6 10.71%
Like it but needs A LOT of work! 44 78.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Practice squad and cut days.

I was just curious if you guys are happy with this years generated players in the preseason and cut days? I like the idea but it seems that it was just thrown in there at the last minute, the majority of these players have F potential and are rated somewhere in the 40's. I also do not like how cpu controlled teams will keep a lot of these players and cut young or veteran players with better potential and overall rating, basically have teams with most of the back ups being well craptastic. Also if you look into the free agent pool you will notice that many of the cpu controlled teams will cut their draft picks regardless of what round they were drafted in and keep these crap generated players. Another problem with these players are their equipment choices and appearance. I myself like the idea but think it was very poorly put together, my biggest gripe is the computers cut logic is flat out DUMB! I would like to see it again next year but if their are zero improvements I would leave it out.

Last edited by JayD; 10-12-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Practice squad and cut days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I was just curious if you guys are happy with this years generated players in the preseason and cut days? I like the idea but it seems that it was just thrown in there at the last minute, the majority of these players have F potential and are rated somewhere in the 40's. I also do not like how cpu controlled teams will keep a lot of these players and cut young or veteran players with better potential and overall rating, basically have teams with most of the back ups being well craptastic. Also if you look into the free agent pool you will notice that many of the cpu controlled teams will cut their draft picks regardless of what round they were drafted in and keep these crap generated players. Another problem with these players are their equipment choices and appearance. I myself like the idea but think it was very poorly put together. My biggest gripe is the computers cut logic is flat out DUMB! I would like to see it again next year but if their are zero improvements I would leave it out.
This is my biggest gripe with Madden.....I'm fine with the concept but i woulda liked it to be implemented in year 2 and going forward with a franchise......Unless ur willing to accept it for what it is, u have no choice to run a realistic franchise besides controlling all 32 teams.....Unfortunately, it was not named as one of the fixes in the upcoming patch.....my 1a) gripe would be player contracts pertaining to real life....Im sure Im gunna get a response along the lines of *Madden can't disclose a player's real life contract* but it sucks seeing Rodgers and other high-profile players who HAVE CONTRACTS IN REAL LIFE, in FA offseason.....For FA's who didn't have long-term contracts when Madden was released, its understandable but come on
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I was just curious if you guys are happy with this years generated players in the preseason and cut days? I like the idea but it seems that it was just thrown in there at the last minute, the majority of these players have F potential and are rated somewhere in the 40's. I also do not like how cpu controlled teams will keep a lot of these players and cut young or veteran players with better potential and overall rating, basically have teams with most of the back ups being well craptastic. Also if you look into the free agent pool you will notice that many of the cpu controlled teams will cut their draft picks regardless of what round they were drafted in and keep these crap generated players. Another problem with these players are their equipment choices and appearance. I myself like the idea but think it was very poorly put together, my biggest gripe is the computers cut logic is flat out DUMB! I would like to see it again next year but if their are zero improvements I would leave it out.
Can't stand the generated players. At least there is a workaround that can eliminate them by making full rosters before starting a franchise file.

I'd like to see an actual practice squad and 2 cut days instead of 4. There are only 2 cut days in the NFL cut from 80+ to 75 and the cut from 75 to 53.

After the cut days I'd like to be able to establish a practice squad of 8 players (which can be signed to an active roster by any other team) just like in the NFL.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Computer cut logic is terrible in the game and having to control all 32 teams to solve the problem should not be an option! Seems we have to do this every year!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Like it but needs LOTS of work. Lets start by making NCAA draft classes bigger. Then implement the cut days correctly. These fictional UDFAs are BS. I count how many O and D linemen I have seen with a 53 stregth! Really? Come on EA. Invest more time in your biggest best sports title or NBA2K will destroy you.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

The highest player I've seen in the FA pool has been a 3rd rounder, so I haven't had too much trouble.

I would prefer if there was a chance that udfa's could improve and/or reveal attributes faster during preseason if you play them more.

Sometimes I feel OVR and potential are overrated. If a player has high 80s or low 90s in all the relevant areas, it really doesn't matter what his OVR and potential are.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I could do without it. I simulate all my preseason games, anyway. Besides, these are guys who are gonna be 4th or 5th guys on your depth chart. They'll never see any playing time unless you have a TON of injuries. Then you could prbly pick up someone much better in FA or move someone from another position. They just don't have much impact on the game. And they really shouldn't be rated much higher or else they wouldn't be undrafted. Maybe they could have a couple of players who have B potential. But, overall, I can do without it. Just put more players in the draft class so there are some leftovers and, boom, UDFA. And just like the other rookies, some can be hidden gems. No need for this CPU generated group of crap players.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
Like it but needs LOTS of work. Lets start by making NCAA draft classes bigger. Then implement the cut days correctly. These fictional UDFAs are BS. I count how many O and D linemen I have seen with a 53 stregth! Really? Come on EA. Invest more time in your biggest best sports title or NBA2K will destroy you.
You're wrong, nba2k will never destroy madden. These small problems do not effect most people who play this game. Just the hundreds on that come to this site. It doesn't make the game unplayable most people who play this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »