Home

Is the saftey position important to you?

This is a discussion on Is the saftey position important to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #25
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is the saftey position important to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
You must have a smart Pollard.

I've had him get burnt twice a game, let alone a season. He has awful ZCV rating. At least Mays has an 80. I think his is like 60, or maybe that's the other screw-up Zbikowski's rating.
Lol i must have. I plan on re-upping him at the end of the season. But i cant stand Zbikowski, I let him go pre-season of year one and replaced him with Deandre McDaniel, who has filled in nicely for Pollard since he has been hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Safeties are very important to how I run my defense in offline franchise. I like to stay in base defense on early downs against teams like the pats who run a lot of single back sets. I have at least one of the safeties play man coverage, and flip the play depending on what side the 3rd receiver/2nd tight end is on. Glover Quinn is very good cover corner for the Texans.

I scouted an amazing 3rd round 84 OVR 'A' potential in my Chargers chise...he's insanely fast and can cover anything (average at tackling and block shedding). By his second year he progressed so high I had to edit him down to make it feel fair. He and Weddle are unstoppable.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #27
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
All I have to say is .. LaRon Landry!

Dude is a big-hitting machine of course I'm a skins fan so my opinion may be bias but in Madden he's pretty beastly. I use him blitzing alot, he doesnt get alot of INTs for me but thats prolly because my INT slider is at 10.

On the other side I feel like Atogwe does not play well at all. I don't know what it is but he's hardly in a good place to make a play beyond a tackle.
I agree with this completely...Landry is a beast, he is everywhere on the field for me and always big hits....OJ on the other hand just doesn't play that well...he isn't as good in coverage as he should be, i think its because he isn't that fast, and he isn't a big tackler...I like Kareem Moore in the there better
Old 11-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

For me they are really important. Most of my plays i use zone coverage and cover 2 so they need to stop the recievers from making a long reception.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

safety is the only position I use. In particular Dawan Landry at SS, great hitter and not too bad in the zone. Jag secondary is much improved this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »