Home

Packers overall 82?!?!

This is a discussion on Packers overall 82?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Packers overall 82?!?!

First game of my franchise and the packers are overall 82 and the saints are 87! Can anyone explain this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Packers overall 82?!?!

I've seen this happen to teams like the Eagles as well. Just ignore the OVR rating, it doesn't affect gameplay and if I remember correctly it eventually corrects itself in later weeks.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Honestly the Packers backfield is a letdown this year. Their line has some weak spots, Nick Collins is injured, their special team aren't the best. So I can see an 82 based on overall talent. Their record says otherwise.

I'm a packers fan btw.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The NFL is a QB driven league now. The Packers are not a team STACKED with talent. They have one of the best QBs in football pulling the trigger, a dangerous weapon in Jennings, a vet in Driver, and role players that can get the job done, and a line that finally gives Rodgers the time he needs to throw. On Defense they have a few stars that can make some great plays, but they are far from shut down.

They are a good team that is reaping the benefits of a soft schedule. Their Strength of Schedule, thus far this season, is rated as the easiest in the league. If they don't finish the year with a first round bye and HFA, it will be a disappointment.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Careful not to put to much stock in strength of schedule. If you are beating everybody on your schedule, you are going to have a low sos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
Careful not to put to much stock in strength of schedule. If you are beating everybody on your schedule, you are going to have a low sos.
Like the 49ers who have the highest SoS and they are 5-1?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The NFL is a QB driven league now. The Packers are not a team STACKED with talent. They have one of the best QBs in football pulling the trigger, a dangerous weapon in Jennings, a vet in Driver, and role players that can get the job done, and a line that finally gives Rodgers the time he needs to throw. On Defense they have a few stars that can make some great plays, but they are far from shut down.

They are a good team that is reaping the benefits of a soft schedule. Their Strength of Schedule, thus far this season, is rated as the easiest in the league. If they don't finish the year with a first round bye and HFA, it will be a disappointment.
Is this based on fact, because I wouldn't call their schedule thus far easy at all. Outscoring the Saints and dealing with their defense. The surprisingly tough Panthers (in carolina), and then the Bears defense (in chicago), and the Falcons (in Atlanta)...

2K IS A HELLUVA DRUG
Old 10-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

I wouldn't call Josh Sitton, Chad Clifton, Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson, Bishop, Hawk, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields and Morgan Burnett role players.

Williams is considered a shut down corner and Shields stock is rising. They have one of the better play makers in the league on defense in Woodson and BJ Raji at nose tackle.

Let's not under estimate the SB champs, either. I don't think the Saints and Falcons are chopped liver, plus they have the Chargers, Bucs and Lions on their upcoming schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »