Home

Toss Chris Collinsworth

This is a discussion on Toss Chris Collinsworth within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Toss Chris Collinsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My whole point is that it wouldn't matter who you plug in, people are going to tire of them in a few years anyway at repeated lines. People are already tired of hearing Nessler and Herbstreet repeat the same lines on NCAA.

I think you are reaching with your opinion that Gus/Chris are bad based on the majority of Madden fans. OS isn't the whole barometer of people who purchase Madden.

Why not judge/opinion after the sound technology is updated instead of firing them before that happens. Plus, half the people or more in the thread said they don't mind Collingsworth.

The reason why the Madden team hired Johnson in the first place is because of his touchdown call on the Bronco game a few years ago when the Broncos were losing in the last seconds of a game and I think Brandon Lloyd caught a deflected TD pass and ran out the clock running parallel along the end zone.

I could care less who they bring in for the announcing crew. Actually, there were tons of people that loved Hammond IRL, but he sounded boring on Madden.
Half or more don't mind him? Exactly what thread have you been following? So you believe the majority of Madden fans are thinking "Wow these guys are great, it's just the delivery timing of those excellent lines that bothers me."

I have already admitted that the audio implementation is horrible. Is it too hard to believe that some fans just find Gus and Chris annoying? I was bummed about them getting Gus before Madden 11 even came out. You are dismissing the possibility that they are a bad commentary combo, simply because of the technical shortcomings. Gus Johnson calling NFL games is basically a punchline nowadays. I find it hilarious when Rich Eisen makes fun of his calls during gameday highlights.

Just found out why I haven't been hearing him much. Thank god, after going to FOX they are only putting him at a few NFL games this year - he will be mostly doing college. If it's true about EA getting him because of the Stokley call, that is depressing. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOW STOOOOOOOOOOKLEY" makes me cringe just thinking about it.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeKing
Half or more don't mind him? Exactly what thread have you been following? So you believe the majority of Madden fans are thinking "Wow these guys are great, it's just the delivery timing of those excellent lines that bothers me."

I have already admitted that the audio implementation is horrible. Is it too hard to believe that some fans just find Gus and Chris annoying? I was bummed about them getting Gus before Madden 11 even came out. You are dismissing the possibility that they are a bad commentary combo, simply because of the technical shortcomings. Gus Johnson calling NFL games is basically a punchline nowadays. I find it hilarious when Rich Eisen makes fun of his calls during gameday highlights.

Just found out why I haven't been hearing him much. Thank god, after going to FOX they are only putting him at a few NFL games this year - he will be mostly doing college. If it's true about EA getting him because of the Stokley call, that is depressing. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOW STOOOOOOOOOOKLEY" makes me cringe just thinking about it.
Never said that some people don't think Gus/Chris are horrible. Did I ever say the majority like them? I'm not sure why you are trying to speak for me again? We don't know how the other 5 million of players feel about them.

Yes, I'm willing to wait for the sound technology become decent before I cry out, fire these people. Again, I could care less who it is. If they sound terrible after the sound technology is improved, then I'll join the chorus.

Last edited by roadman; 11-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Never said that some people don't think Gus/Chris are horrible. Did I ever say the majority like them? I'm not sure why you are trying to speak for me again? We don't know how the other 5 million of players feel about them.
You clearly disputed my opinion that most fans don't like them. Exactly what is the other alternative that I'm missing? You don't know how the fan base feels, just that the majority definitely doesn't dislike them? My point that you still seem to be failing to grasp is: you place all blame on the technical aspects and completely dismiss the possibility that they are just downright bad - even without the audio glitches.

Your logic: the commentators cannot be bad because the implementation of their lines is flawed. Yes some people should've been criticizing the programming and not the commentators...but you come into a thread of opinions about Chris and state "no it's the technology." Basically everyone should gtfo with their opinion because you came to save the day with your shocking revelation that there are flaws in the system.

Sorry Mr. Ego I withdraw my opinion that Chris and Gus are in any way annoying. They simply do not have the supporting system to let their talents flourish. Good day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Really? All this anger over someone's opinion on a message-board?

How do you know most of the 5 million buyers of Madden don't like them? Do they not like them because the technology is bad or do they not like because they don't like them in real life? I certaintly don't know if a majority hate them or like them.

My point is you can pay for the best talent in the world for NFL announcers, but if they don't improve the sound technology, people might be calling for their jobs too.

You continually speak on my behalf.

I've never dismissed anyone's opinions about anyone.

I'm willing to give the new technology a shot before rendering an opinion on Gus and Chris in a video game. I happen to like Chris, but no so much Gus.

By the way you sound, I have the only opinion in this thread that it's the technology and not the announcers. That's not the truth at all.

You have a wonderful day, too.

Last edited by roadman; 11-05-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #53
TheSaints7

OVR:

It is quite obvious, the guys who commentated the Superbowl.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize ahead of time if you answered this...but toi really like Collinsworth? In the game? In real life? Both? I've seriously never met anyone that didn't think he was a douchebag (sorry if thats not an allowed word...I tried to.keep it clean but I've had some jack).

Not trying to egg you on or argue...your thoughts about the technology are right on, it's horrible..plus most of it is recycled from the last few years. But I really have never met anyone that LIKES Collinsworth.
No problem, everyone has their right to an opinion.

Actually, in this thread, 8 people dislike him and 7 people like him. So, it's not a huge swing one way or the other.

I don't mind announcers telling their audience if a player is having a crappy game. To me, it's better than listening to some announcers keep on drooling throughout the game on any star player.

I noticed you like Gruden, I only like him because of his intelligence of the game. He is one that get's on my nerves by constantly drooling over players.

That's just me, though.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #55
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize ahead of time if you answered this...but toi really like Collinsworth? In the game? In real life? Both? I've seriously never met anyone that didn't think he was a douchebag (sorry if thats not an allowed word...I tried to.keep it clean but I've had some jack).

Not trying to egg you on or argue...your thoughts about the technology are right on, it's horrible..plus most of it is recycled from the last few years. But I really have never met anyone that LIKES Collinsworth.
I like Collinsworth, IRL....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 02:07 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Really? All this anger over someone's opinion on a message-board?

How do you know most of the 5 million buyers of Madden don't like them? Do they not like them because the technology is bad or do they not like because they don't like them in real life? I certaintly don't know if a majority hate them or like them.

My point is you can pay for the best talent in the world for NFL announcers, but if they don't improve the sound technology, people might be calling for their jobs too.

You continually speak on my behalf.

I've never dismissed anyone's opinions about anyone.

I'm willing to give the new technology a shot before rendering an opinion on Gus and Chris in a video game. I happen to like Chris, but no so much Gus.

By the way you sound, I have the only opinion in this thread that it's the technology and not the announcers. That's not the truth at all.

You have a wonderful day, too.
Anger over your opinion...reach much? You seem to be a bit confused. How was your statement not dismissing opinions that Chris is the problem when you enter the thread to state it's not him - but the technology. You just continue using your circle logic to backtrack. So what exactly was the purpose of posting this:

Quote:
We've had several of these threads this year and several posters are correct, it's the technology, not the commentators.
No one is trying to speak for you...not sure why you feel the need to keep rehashing that nonsense. I'm going by your actual posts in the thread that apparently have a hidden meaning that only you can decipher . Can't wait to read your attempt at explaining how you did not previously imply that anyone who claimed it was the commentators was wrong. Your quote is right there...am I still trying to speak for your behalf? This should be good.

EDIT: Listen, I understand that you believe it doesn't matter which commentators they have. I have already agreed that the implementation is horrid. But go back and read the OP...he never said anything about the audio tech not being a problem. This was a thread made on the subject of Chris Collinsworth being annoying (in game and IRL). I don't understand why you are being so stubborn on the topic. What started your response is me stating "it is not strictly the technology." You still cannot even concede that it might not strictly be technical shortcomings?

After so many years of the same recycled John Madden lines, it is clear why people grew tired of him (think of how few lines back then.) But the common thread of the last two combos is Chris Collinsworth. Using that as an argument that fans would dislike any commentators is flawed.

Last edited by VikeKing; 11-06-2011 at 08:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »