Home
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Jay Cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I must agree with this statement.... We all saw how they played when they only ran a handful of times a game. I think Forte should be the person you are talking about carrying that offense.
Still irrelevant to the question at hand and has nothing to do with the conversation.

His question is how can Madden take an intangible measure and make it relevant.

This thread was never meant to debate whether or not Jay Cutler is the catalyst of the Bears.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

For the last time.

This thread is not about Cutler despite the thread title. Stick to the topic at hand. We have an NFL forum if you want to discuss Cutler.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

how was my post not on topic? yes it discussed Cutler and his role, but it directly related to how Madden is replicating a player's ability to elevate his team through player roles. It also discussed the need for an additional rating that determined a player's ability to throw on the run by focusing on the ability to plant and not just how much their momentum will affect the throw. And as you can see in the below quote from the poster that proposed rating is directly related to how they would replicate Culter's abilities:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
yes, in that, they both elevate their team with throws that not many others can make. to make it basic for you, is there any way we can make madden allow these players to ascend above their teams? It sucks to use the colts even with manning because you can't really whip it around like P. Manning really would. It sucks to use the Bears because, Jay can't throw from ridiculous platforms and flat out drill the ball where it should be.
So in summary Player roles are addressing the impact people like Manning have on the players around them, and I propose that the folks at EA work the ability to plant as a rating which will allow QBs like Cutler, Rodgers, Vick to resemble their real life counter parts.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I definitely dont see cutler as teh "Catalyst" of the Bears. That award goes to Urlacher and Forte to me.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
I don't know about that, the bears have gone further with Rex Grossman, Cutler is good, don't know about that elite status though.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk
SMH........
Old 11-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I thought the clutch trait was used for that. I agree that there needs to be more personalized stats for all positions.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Stinkfist x
SMH........
I'm not saying Rex is better than cutler, he's not even close, all I'm saying is the bears have shown they can win without a qb

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
TheSaints7

OVR:

It's Matt Forte and Brian Urlacher and Hester who keeps the Bears together. Comparing Cutler and Manning is like comparing Drew Brees and Rex Grossman. There out of the same league.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »