Home

Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #57
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
....I haven't seen the ball change trajectory in that manner since '08 - which I consider the last "Dark Ages" version of the game. Now I use the phrase, "Don't Ortiz this up" to ensure Madden doesn't alienate it's base consumer by allowing anti-Madden devs on the team. It's obvious the creative directors for Madden '06-'08 were not fans of Madden - I'm guessing they were 2K fans or something because that's the only other football game during the time worth playing.
Even though you admit to never playing NFL2k, you have stated you have watched people play and I believe you know Hoover Dam well, M06-infinity has nothing "creative" in common with it. You must of added this for the personal shats and giggles of figuratively poking bears with a stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Q. How do you adequately represent NFL limitations?

A. Factor in the two elements of execution - decisions and mechanics.

Show me a QB that makes good decisions and has good mechanics - and I'll show you a good QB. There's a reason some guys can't win at Madden with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning while others can win with any QB on the game. That reason is good Decisions and good mechanics.

Whether in the NFL or Madden - QB play is about decisions and mechanics...
Later
For starters by doing what you alluded to earlier in your post, not be "fans" of Madden and instead copy what 2k or any other game company currently does or has done well to represent real life player limitations in sports simulation games.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Even though you admit to never playing NFL2k, you have stated you have watched people play and I believe you know Hoover Dam well, M06-infinity has nothing "creative" in common with it. You must of added this for the personal shats and giggles of figuratively poking bears with a stick.
Nothing comedic was implied... I just assumed that the devs weren't Madden players or fans based solely on the look and feel of the game. It was certainly A FOOTBALL GAME - but nothing about it felt Maddenlike.

2K, although I've never played it is the only respectable looking console football game, other than Madden, to his shelves since Super Tecmo Bowl. My assertion that they must have been fans of 2K because I can't imagine EA hiring any Football Fever, QB Club, or Gameday fans. Those games all SUCKED.

If the initial NG dev crew wasn't made up of 2K fans, that might explain why Madden '06 and '07 were as horrible as they were. I wouldn't even play them - and that's saying something. LOL

Later
Old 12-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #59
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Like you ryan, I've had times where I can press square to a streaking wide receiver down the left side line or circle to the receiver streaking down the right side line but the ball will end up going to the middle of the field right to a linebacker.

I understand the whole accuracy in the game, but I don't care who you are (unless of course it's Rex Grossman), you'll never see a pro try and throw the ball to the right or left and it goes in the complete opposite direction.

Erratic passes seem to be a problem with EA Sports all together (in NHL, you can have 99 passing and 99 hand-eye and you can press forward to make a pass behind the net and the puck will shoot backwards, out of the zone).

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #60
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

@TNT

I hear you and I agree that the magnet catches/ints are no where where they were back in past Madden games and it's not as apparent but on some plays if you go into instant replay (or online ea highlights) and look at some catches or ints from time to time (i do this to see where I made the mistake and how to correct it next time I make that throw) you will see a magnet catch. Now I am extremely thankful for the dev team fixing the downright obvious magnet plays but they are still there to a degree. If I catch one here in the future I'll record it and put it up to show what I mean (nothings better than viable visual evidence).

Also yeah like I said I understand the mentality. My coach cared about my safety (he was devastated when I got injured) but on the same coin how many coaches would remove a QBs red shirt and let him get hit with almost no blockers. He was grooming me because in college and in the pros you throw that interception, that is your career. It made me better. Now my coach wasn't always that way but when I messed up...watch out XD

That being said I love Madden, I've only played 2k once or twice and visually it was much better (i love the fact the qbs actually make the field calls instead of just tapping their leg or pointing) but 2k is gone and Madden is all we got right now so I digress. I can only hope for a brighter future for Madden and deal with what I got now.

BTW I'm a ps3 gamer, I'm not great and I'll probably lose horribly but I'm down to go toe to toe. So send me your psn in a pm and I'll add you.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #61
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
EXACTLY

One of the areas that still fools me as a QB due to this problem, is when I have a WR on a post route 15 yards from line of scrimmage wide open and the MLB that is 5-7 yards from the LOS jumps up and gets it...

Well that will happen, sometimes the overthrows are from pressure (a new element in the game that hasn't had much attention) but all in all as I stated earlier Madden is a game of 1's and 0's. The thing a lot of people fail to realize about coding is the moment you press the button its all coding from the controller, to the wire, to the port, to the disc, to the players movement, to the trajectory, etc.

So it makes the check of the LBs jump (which is a bs rating seeing as the line backer with 60 jump can jump as high as Megatron) and tells the game to send them into a swat or interception. I've learned to make myself aware how the game works with coding and combine that with my on the field knowledge but with the engine the way it is those checks are what decide the outcome. Most of the time if you make a good read and a good play the checks work out but as we all know computers aren't perfect.

After making those types of throws too many times I've learned to stay away from them for the most part but every once in awhile I make a perfect read, a perfect throw and I missed reading where that dang line backer was to account for those jumps....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #62
Banned

@Ampking - please record one if you can. I make it a point to be aware of the iniquities of Madden - even if I seem to ignore them. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
BTW I'm a ps3 gamer, I'm not great and I'll probably lose horribly but I'm down to go toe to toe. So send me your psn in a pm and I'll add you.
TNT713 is my PSN ID. But don't assume I'll beat you just yet. You played QB.

In my journey as a Madden player, people that have played QB or MLB usually give me the most problems because they aren't fooled as easily by my decoy calls and motions. Quarterbacks in particular aren't phased by the coverage adjustments I make because they are used to seeing them and know where and how to throw the ball.

The only advantage is that those players are usually heavy on offense or defense, rarely both. When they are balanced - it's not pretty for me.

That said, I'm not gonna roll over if you get up on me!!! No easy out here!

See you on the field!

Later
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #63
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
After making those types of throws too many times I've learned to stay away from them for the most part but every once in awhile I make a perfect read, a perfect throw and I missed reading where that dang line backer was to account for those jumps....
That's the problem.

We shouldn't have to account for a linebacker making what seems to be a superman jump to intercept a touch pass that is behind made to a wide receiver 20-yards down field when he's only 5-yards away from the line of scrimmage.

Most of us, at least I hope most of us understand that yes.. it is the computer and the second we press X, the computer is sprinting to cover X.. Circle.. Square.. B.. Y.. whatever. But there needs to be some kind of added realism in it. We get sick of no look interceptions, swats from a cornerback that is 5-yards behind a receiver but gets a boost to jump up and swat the ball.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
Man the only picks that really get me hot are the ones where a cornerback magically covers 2 wrs running completely different routes at the same time. Its like he gets a jetpack and picks me off.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »