Home

The trade that CHANGED your franchise

This is a discussion on The trade that CHANGED your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #41
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The trade that CHANGED your franchise

I'm in my second season with Dallas, and I have been doing a MASSIVE youth overhaul. I am shipping out most to all of my aged players, and starting to stock up on youth and playmakers. My current roster:

qb - Romo, Kellen Moore (drafted 2nd rd), Tom Brandstater
hb - Demarco Murray, John Clay (3rd down/short distance back), Phillip Tanner
fb - Tony Fiammeta
wr - dez bryant, miles austin, laurent robinson (franchise tag, $10 mill), Raymond Radway, Dwayne Harris, Jeff Maehl
te - witten, martellus bennett (3 year deal), john phillips
LT - Tyron Smith, Ace Watkins (one of the few ea players that have panned out)
LG - Doug Free, Montrae Holland
C - Jake Grove, Bill Nagy
RG - David Arkin, Bill Nagy
RT - Matt Reynolds (1st rd draft pick from BYU), Sam Young
LE - Marcus Spears, Jared Crick (drafted 3rd round)
DT - Ratliff, sean Lissemore, josh Brent
RE - Jason Hatcher, Clifton Geathers
LOLB - Spencer (5 year deal, had a STUDLY season), Butler
MLB - Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Luke Kuechly (4th rd), Akin Ayodele
ROLB - Ware, Alex Albright
CB - Jenkins, Eddie Whitley (5th round, converted from safety to corner), Scandrick, Omar Bolden (4th round), Frank Walker
FS - Abe Elam, Danny McCray
SS - Taylor Mays (3 year deal), Barry Church (3 year deal
K - Dan Bailey
P - Matt McBriar

As you can see, quite a few veteran/older players gone. First of all, I traded Felix Jones to a needy Colts squad that had absolutely no game changers for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Then, I made a blockbuster trade, sending Terrence Newman to the Bengals for a 1st and 2nd round draft pick. In all fairness, on my 2011 season, Newman was a STUD...had 7 interceptions and was constantly making plays. Then, i just completed another major trade in week 3, after I benched Kyle Kosier for inconsistent play in favor of David Arkin. I put Kosier on the trading block, and the 49ers bit by sending me a 4th and 5th round pick. This gives me a studly draft coming up with 2 1st round draft picks, 3 2nd round draft picks, 2 3rd, 2 4th round draft picks, 2 5th rounds, and a 6th and 7th. I armed myself with these draft picks so I can basically go in and rebuild this organization from the ground up. With this many picks, I have a great chance of trading up in the first round and landing exactly who I want.

In the first round, I am looking at 6'7" 335 lbs. defensive tackle TJ Barnes from Georgia Tech. If I land him, I am moving Ratliff to defensive end, then cutting Marcus Spears loose/trading him and moving Jared Crick to the other starting defensive end. In the first 2 games of the season, he has 3 sacks as a backup d-end, so things are going great with him so far. Also in the first round with my other pick, i am planning on landing one of these three guys: Bacarri Rambo from Georgia (S), Vaughn Telamaque from Miami (S), or Ray Ray Armstrong from Miami (S). All guys would definitely help me out as Abe Elam is currently in a contract year for me after going on injured reserve in my 2011 season after showing promise. So far this season, Elam and Mays has been an absolute BEASTLY tandem, but the youth on my defense is showing and I am going through growing pains. Gave up 58 to the Steelers in the season opener (went to overtime, lost 58-52), and then gave up 45 a week later against the Falcons. But in week 3 last night, we held Michael Vick and the Eagles to 12 points en route to a 30-12 victory. Although Vick had 100 yards rushing, his passing was ineffective. This might be the ultimate rebuilding year, but after this next draft, we will be setting up shop to become a dynasty like the 90s.

I will update this thread after I finish the season and get into the draft. This will be a huge draft for my franchise!

Last edited by mm boost; 01-09-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #42
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Thinking about doing a Rams chise and trading bradford (I need arm strength and deep throw accuracy) to maybe the Raiders for Palmer and one of their many young speed guys. What do you guys think?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #43
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
Thinking about doing a Rams chise and trading bradford (I need arm strength and deep throw accuracy) to maybe the Raiders for Palmer and one of their many young speed guys. What do you guys think?
Jacoby Ford or Denarius Moore wouldnt be bad choices depending on how realistic u wanna be.....im playing with the Rams myself btw....stayed staus quo with the roster my first year(one of my few house rules)....
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #44
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

In 2012 of my franchise, changed Glenn Dorsey back to a DT, went with an Allen Bailey/Wallace Gilberry rotation at RE, and traded Dorsey to Tampa for a 3rd round pick. Used that pick to draft a 5'10, 252-lb MLB with 84 SP and 75 AWR as a rookie. The kid becomes the anchor of my defense, and allowed me in the 2013 draft to focus on getting an NT.

The Glenn Dorsey trade. Wish Scott Pioli would do that for real this off-season.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
Rookie

michael4786's Arena

OVR: 0

I was the Bucs. Traded down in the 2012 draft from 9th overall selection to the 24th overall selection, plus a third and fourth round pick. I ended up drafted a shutdown corner (83 ovr out of the pre-season) with the first rounder, an LOLB in the third (starter out of pre-season, 77 ovr) and a 5'9" WR in the fourth round. The WR was only a 75 heading into the preseason, but by the end of the season he was an 89 overall and the best receiver on my team, as well as the youngest.
I also traded my second-string LG to the Giants for Mark Herzlich, straight up. By the end of the season he was a 76 OVR and my starting ROLB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #46
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

I was in my first year of play with a created team based off the Seahawks roster. I made a trade with Marshawn Lynch and a 3rd round pick for a MLB that was a generated player named John Walters. Walters was 81 overall but with Hawthorne and Tatupu at MLB already my 3-4 was already stacked with another linebacker 87 overall at LOLB that was another randomly generated player. I took Walters because I wanted to move him to ROLB since the best player in that position was only 70 overall. I expected a slight loss in rating but instead he surprised me. Walters was an 86 overall ROLB and became A potential.

My team ended up having the best defense in the league and Walters was able to grab 16 sacks, 1 interception, and 3 TFL on top of his 129 tackles. He was 94 overall the next year. And Marshawn Lynch ended up dropping to 79 overall the next year.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I traded my Saints 1st round (28 ovr) to the Seahawks for Richard Sherman (he was an 82 ovr at the time) and their 2nd (41 ovr)

I was going to use my 1st to grab a CB to replace the injury prone Porter, but I go a proven CB and an extra 2nd out of the deal. Not a blockbuster move, but still solid IMO.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Traded down in the draft last night after losing to the Colts in the AFC Title Game.

Had 3 First Rd. Picks (13 Cardinals, 23 Giants and 30 Browns)

Traded 13 and 30 to the Jags for their 14th and next year's 1st Rd Pick)

Ended up getting a Projected Top 5 Pick, QB from Stanford... Logan. He is a 6'5" Pocket Passer that is probably going to have some serious upside as a potential replacement for Derek Gaston (QB we drafted last year that performed but really hasn't shown that 'spark' of consistency over a few games.

The trade has opened our team up for a lot of potential winning in the future. We are on the cusp of greatness and with our new (old) offensive scheme this season under the guidance of Derrick Mason as OC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »