Home

Verdict on Madden 12

This is a discussion on Verdict on Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Verdict on Madden 12

I have to say I"ve enjoyed this game. I've got gripes...and as I predicted I couldn't even tell you what hot streak feature is doing...I notice no difference from week to week other than expected ups and downs. Franchise mode doesn't seem much better to me. The free agent period added a time limit but the logic seems no different. The scouting is not as good as old gen, where you could really work out the players, not just read a report of their workout that you have to unlock.

BUT....with my sliders in place I get great games. The game looks good, plays well and as I"ve gotten used to and play better O and D (less picks and less getting shredded by the opposing QB...IdK....I just got better and it's more fun now).

Currently doing a Long Island Sharks chise...they are a run oriented team (forgot what they call that.....not air it out obviously..not strong offense....it will come to me)....87 team ovr. Went 14-2...which surprised me a bit but then their ovr is higher than most teams right now. I give kudos to EA for the improved game play, graphics etc. NOw let's REALLY get into franchise mode and give us everything old gen had....that's make me orgasmic.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Verdict on Madden 12

I can't overlook the appearance issues with draft class players....and that franchise randomly deletes players from the game altogether after a certain point.

really kills the franchise experience for me, which is the ONLY reason I buy madden.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

I really enjoy playing this game, and what most people complain about I just overlook. Madden is probably my most played game of all time and on the PS3.

If I didn't even go on these forums, I wouldn't even know about all these "issues".
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
If I didn't even go on these forums, I wouldn't even know about all these "issues".
you wouldnt notice a LB at 15 yards knocking down a 40 yard pass if you didnt go to the forums?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
you wouldnt notice a LB at 15 yards knocking down a 40 yard pass if you didnt go to the forums?
Yes I notice that a lot, but there are a lot more that I never have a problem with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Imo, the game is ok but boring and doesnt do a good enough job of representing NFL football to keep my attention.

the game has way too many animations that ruin gameplay and player movement is just off imo.

Here it is January and most of us are still looking for answers, trying to tweak ratings, priorities, coaching schemes, etc, etc, anything that might improve this game, lol!

I'm still playing it and trying to force myself to enjoy it because well, you know....

I give it a 4 out of 10...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

^^

Couldn't agree with you more, my biggest issue is the horrible play calling. No matter what your sliders are you can always find about 3 offensive and 3 defensive plays that you could call all game and come up with a win. I learned my lesson and next year I'll rent the game before I make the mistake of buying it.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I have to say I"ve enjoyed this game. I've got gripes...and as I predicted I couldn't even tell you what hot streak feature is doing...I notice no difference from week to week other than expected ups and downs.
I'm sorry but I couldn't agree any less with this. I really don't understand how you can really think that, given what a HUGE impact it has for skill position players whether they are hot or cold. Honestly, give me my own franchise team and let me play with my young QB and I'm sure I could tell you after a quarter whether my QB is hot or cold without ever pausing the game to check.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »