Home

Madden 13 Camera & graphics

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Camera & graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 13 Camera & graphics

A custom cam probably isn't a bad idea, but making that first link's camera angle the default would make me sick with all the jerking around.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I would like to see more gameplay cameras though, maybe a lower cam.
They do need more cameras. I find the default a little too far out and the zoomed too close. The NCAA 12 camera is great. Just add that as an option along with the defensive player lock camera and you would have a lot of happy campers. The code already exists too - just borrow from the NCAA team down the hallway. And NCAA should be adding the extra Madden cameras too. I don't know why they don't share some of this stuff.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

The only thing I miss from Madden 06 are the ball trajectories on passes.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
The only thing I miss from Madden 06 are the ball trajectories on passes.
yeah not to go off topic but the whole passing game needs to be done over this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 01-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
TheSaints7

OVR:

I hope they bring this back...but they wont. Just like they wont bring back fight for fumble or the Extra Point. The Extra Point has great potential, it should show highlights from each games in which you can choose the game from a list. It had potential to be great.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
They do need more cameras. I find the default a little too far out and the zoomed too close. The NCAA 12 camera is great. Just add that as an option along with the defensive player lock camera and you would have a lot of happy campers. The code already exists too - just borrow from the NCAA team down the hallway. And NCAA should be adding the extra Madden cameras too. I don't know why they don't share some of this stuff.
Rudy, I agree 100% with everything in this post.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't understand how any of us can claim to want a NFL simulation or any team sport simulation video game while continuing to support these "board game" gameplay views. For a better representation of basic NFL football parameters, short of giving us VR suits and helmets, there needs to be some player position vision limitations using field level gameplay views.
As long as they do it realistically. I.e. don't make my QB's head turn slow to "add challenge" while also allowing me to look off defenders, etc. (and the player AI has to respond accordingly) Also, the control scheme has to be intuitive - remember, you have 3 seconds to do ALL of that if you want a realistic pass rush. So the controls would have to be smooth, logical, and responsive.

In other words, that's much more to it than just limiting the User's field of vision - especially if the CPU can still see the "board game" view. That would be just as "arcadey" as is now since the CPU would have field hax.

As far as the OP - what I loved most is how the on-field goings on didn't get covered up by the play call screen, but got put aside so you can still watch it and still make your play call.

I liked the graphics more too - the fatigue meters, how big and bright the play art was seeing 6 plays at a time, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I hope they bring this back...but they wont. Just like they wont bring back fight for fumble or the Extra Point. The Extra Point has great potential, it should show highlights from each games in which you can choose the game from a list. It had potential to be great.
Yep - but, as usual, it's scrap and try something else instead of build on and refine...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »