Home

Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

This is a discussion on Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I went back to 10 as well (till 13 comes out) as it feels way more organic.

It still has some annoying bugs and a bare bones franchise. But the game play is far better in a lot of areas. And the presentation kills 12 which was an abomination.

However I have a very good feeling about Madden 13, the Infinity engine and Connected Careers. It should be a very strong game.
Yeah, I agree with this. I couldn't really tell this until I'd gone back to 10 after playing 12 for 10 months or so, but the running animations and tackling animations are way better in 10. I do think the runners in 10 run a little too upright, but that's a small thing to me when a much better locomotion system is in place.

I really like some of the pass rush stuff I'm seeing. With Burgess I've had several snaps where I was just faster off the ball and quicker overall than the LT, and I saw Burgess get to the outside shoulder. I even saw reach and push animations when the LT was clearly beat by speed that looked very real. I've also seen plays where I get to the edge but get ridden around it in a proper arc.

I don't like the camera angle though. It seems to close in and not high enough.

I also don't like Jamarcus Russell and his contract.

And last, I do not like the QB toss to the DL for an INT when getting sacked.

As for the player models, I actually don't see a huge difference between them. Sure, the graphics in 12 are better in still shots, but the models in 10 don't look outdated to me, and if they move more naturally, all the better.

I need to look into franchise mode more. I can see that they have scouting but I can't see any round projections so I have no idea whether I'm looking at the bottom or the top of the talent pool. I suppose I'll just have to wait to figure that out as I go.

On the whole, great post OP and a fun experience going back to 10. I'll be playing this till 13 too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

It still has some annoying bugs and a bare bones franchise. But the game play is far better in a lot of areas. And the presentation kills 12 which was an abomination.

However I have a very good feeling about Madden 13, the Infinity engine and Connected Careers. It should be a very strong game.
Got my copy of M10 again a few weeks ago. It's definitely better and will hold me until M13 much more than M12 would've if I kept it for any significant amount of time. Newer definitely does not always mean better.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, I agree with this. I couldn't really tell this until I'd gone back to 10 after playing 12 for 10 months or so, but the running animations and tackling animations are way better in 10. I do think the runners in 10 run a little too upright, but that's a small thing to me when a much better locomotion system is in place.

I really like some of the pass rush stuff I'm seeing. With Burgess I've had several snaps where I was just faster off the ball and quicker overall than the LT, and I saw Burgess get to the outside shoulder. I even saw reach and push animations when the LT was clearly beat by speed that looked very real. I've also seen plays where I get to the edge but get ridden around it in a proper arc.

I don't like the camera angle though. It seems to close in and not high enough.

I also don't like Jamarcus Russell and his contract.

And last, I do not like the QB toss to the DL for an INT when getting sacked.

As for the player models, I actually don't see a huge difference between them. Sure, the graphics in 12 are better in still shots, but the models in 10 don't look outdated to me, and if they move more naturally, all the better.

I need to look into franchise mode more. I can see that they have scouting but I can't see any round projections so I have no idea whether I'm looking at the bottom or the top of the talent pool. I suppose I'll just have to wait to figure that out as I go.

On the whole, great post OP and a fun experience going back to 10. I'll be playing this till 13 too.

How do you feel about the suctioning?

That, ultimately, is what made me put M10 aside. That and the "jump from engaged-to-tackling-you" thing that also drove me up a wall.

But the suctioning really did it. Nothing worse than being denied open field or a clean tackle because I got pulled in by another player.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

That, ultimately, is what made me put M10 aside. That and the "jump from engaged-to-tackling-you" thing that also drove me up a wall.

But the suctioning really did it. Nothing worse than being denied open field or a clean tackle because I got pulled in by another player.

Suctioning, DBs mirroring routes, That QB toss to the Dlineman(terrible), the middle of the field being easy to exploit with slants/drags, garbage zone coverage, along with some of the passing routes being useless... Too each his own but I'm good with Madden 12. 10 had a few things better then 12 but not many IMO..
Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Something is seriously going wrong in this thread. Is this friggin bizarro world in here or what lol? This is Armor and Swords doppleganger, this is not the real Armor and sword because I lurk and read tons of posts and I could've sworn that you stated 12 was the best experience you've had with Madden.

If you guys are enjoying 10 so much, there would have definitely been SOME type of reference to that fact before this thread and I haven't seen any at all. It would've popped up along the lines of "Well, actually I'm playing 10 again but....." and so on and so forth. You all need more people, I don't believe you lol.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 06-18-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
GTFOH! I think people are really starting to say these things just to spite the current game. Madden has been lacking all generation but all of a sudden people enjoy 4 year old versions of the game?! Madden 12 was by far the best Madden in years and it was only slightly above par. These type of threads only bring out trolls.
I am definitely with you on this one man.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

I need to look at this specifically to give feedback. It's alway a compromise with this stuff.

As for the poster alluding to trolling, I think that's incorrect. A poster admitted liking 10 still and it got a good discussion going about the relative merits of the two game. It's all subjective, but I like 10 better than 12 at this point, whatever that's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 49

I had Madden 10 on the PS3. I remember not liking the graphics much, even though I thought the demo(360 version) at best buy looked awesome.

Anyway, I just bought Madden 10 for the 360. I do think it is overall a better game then Madden 12 personally. Here are 10 random comparisons I noticed. I didn't cover a lot of things, but these stood out.

#1 The running animations are a bit off on both games. Neither good IMO. Madden 12's glides more, madden 10 seams to plant more. +1 Madden 10

#2 controll-Wow madden 10 actually has a juke worth using. I really like the skill stick better, trucking,juke,spin just seam to work and feel better. Passing felt about the same(amount of pass trajectory's). I actually thought incomplete passes looked better with Madden 10(12's are like random air balls nowhere close), and I liked the qb being able to get a pass off last minute personally. So many times the defense hit me right before, during, or after I threw. I remember thinking back in 2010 that I didn't like this, but with the settings I used, it felt really nice and didn't feel over done.I think the patch that I downloaded helped fix some of the issue? +1 Madden 10

#3 tackling- pro tack has a few good moments in Madden 10, but there are a lot of garbage group tackles. The ability to come in with the 2nd hit and not "bounce off" is a huge bump up. I like Madden 12's tackling better overall +1 Madden 12

#4 Madden 12 much much less suction +1 Madden 12

#5 Madden 10 has the best camera's of any madden to date. Specially the zoom cam. It is perfect. Up close action, yet really allows a decent job with flats. That zoom camera is so smooth and seams to let you see where you need to! Nice! +1 Madden 10

#6 Game speed. Holy cow Madden 12 is fast! Madden 10 on normal is like Madden 12 on very slow. I really like Madden 10's game speed. +1 Madden 10

#7 Coverage. IMO neither game is that much different, but the nod goes to Madden 12 +1 Madden 12

#8 Graphics-Man, why does Madden 12's grass and helmets look so terrible? IMO other then player shapes and a few pad details, Madden 10 had better graphics. This is mostly due to the awesome zoom camera, the great helmets(wow!), and grass that was way beyond what Madden 12's water colored grass could ever hope to be. Madden 12 did have a few stadiums that the grass was nice. While I think madden 12 beats Madden 10 in many grapgic area's, I'm going to go with 10 with my personal preference +1 Madden 10

#9 Commentary. Madden 10's commentary stunk(robotic hammond) but Madden 12's was a abomination. Easy pick for me, I will go with Madden 10 +1 Madden 10

#10 O-line play, and other gameplay things are pretty much a wash. neither game is anything special IMO in any of these typw area's. I guess the nod with O-line play would go to Madden 12. That is not saying much! +1 Madden 12
Madden 10=+6
Madden 12=+4

I guess it's a preference thing, but I think I'm gonna play Madden 10 at least until 13 drops. I really like Madden 10. I think the PS3 version was way inferior IMO to the 360 version. I can see some liking Madden 12 better for sure, but i don't see how either could be a clear cut winner as there isn't as big of a gap as I once thought.

Note-I had been playing ps3 versions up until Madden 12. Let me just say, there is a huge difference in ps3 and 360 Madden versions. Even if you tweak TV settings it is not even close. I'm not a 360 fanboy, I actually prefer ps3's dashboard and media ability....but the 360 just has better looking games by Madden and nba 2k.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »