Home

Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

This is a discussion on Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

I actually booted up Madden 10 and am quite surprised that I am enjoying the gameplay alot more than 12.

Its a little wierd because despite the fact that the players run a bit odd like they have shat their pants or something, they also seem better grounded to the field whereas in 12 they may have better running animations but seem to unrealistically glide more. All in all I feel the gameplay, animations and interactions between players is tighter and more interactive and in 12 it seems like alot of stuff feels more "canned" Its almost as if all those new traits, hot streaks and extra gimmicks are all working too hard to unnaturally alter the gameplay which results in more warping, ball and player melding and other oddities to satisfy all the numbers.

In 10, it seems more natural or at least more real as to what is actually happening on the field. Better all around interaction...and I like the player models better too....QBs, Punters and WR's arent all bloated and jacked up.

Is it possible to somehow get rosters for this year for Madden 10 360?....I have an export360 transfer device if that helps

what do you guys think about this....Have I gone mad??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

Highly likely. I definitely found M10 the best of all the current gen Maddens. I didn't get M11 after playing the demo. Then I bought M12 only to end up keeping it for about a month. M10 just felt the best and had the most drastic chances for the better as well.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Despite the fact that players run a bit odd? You're speaking as if there's a huge difference in 12 my friend. The players still run a bit odd, and they still glide around the field like they're wearing anti gravity moon boots lol.

Let me leave Madden alone lol, hopefully the almighty one will forgive them for they know not what they do.

I actually have a funny feeling that the team is edging back towards sim style movement, and we just might get it back in 13.

Oh, and to answer your question. No, it's not possible. However, madden 10 was the first madden on this gen that I could stomach for more than one franchise game. It was decent in my opinion, but it ain't better than 12 brother.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Everyone has their own opinion, obviously. I felt like 12 is the best one since Madden 07. 10 was decent, but I never really got into it.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

You've gone mad. The tackling alone is enough to keep me far away. When Madden 10 came out, I enjoyed it greatly. But the shallow franchise mode and older tackling is all it takes to make me not want to play. Heck, I have NCAA 11 still, and I refuse to play it because of the tackling. I traded in NCAA 12 for Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't know why but I enjoyed Madden 11 the most

Madden 11
Madden 09
Madden 12
Madden 08
Madden 10
Madden 07
Madden 06

It's been an every other year thing for me. 09 was awesome, 10 let me down, 11 was awesome, and 12 is a let down. 08 was fun for some reason to me even though most bash it. 10 I never got into at all.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Probably I enjoy Madden 11 for Ps2 more than Madden 12 for Ps3.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You've gone mad. The tackling alone is enough to keep me far away. When Madden 10 came out, I enjoyed it greatly. But the shallow franchise mode and older tackling is all it takes to make me not want to play. Heck, I have NCAA 11 still, and I refuse to play it because of the tackling. I traded in NCAA 12 for Madden 12.
Well, imo the new locomotion is more flawed and the franchise improvements weren't even implemented correctly to really enjoy them. I'd go back to M10 myself if their were updated rosters available honestly. But I still play M08 on PC with new rosters this year again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »