Home

Will Tebow force a ratings overhaul?

This is a discussion on Will Tebow force a ratings overhaul? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Will Tebow force a ratings overhaul?

Overhaul the ratings for a sub-par QB?

I highly doubt it...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
What's funny is that people say you can't run the option in the NFL, but that was because there never was someone with NFL level talent who could run the option.
What ?????? You can't be serious. There were dozens of QBs in the NFL history that could run the option. Only reason why Broncos run the option is because they have no choice, Tebow can't throw. Where as other QBs who came into the league who could run the option if they wanted to, choose not to because they can throw the ball.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Tebow makes good decisions with the ball. His problem is his accuracy and consistency. I haven't watched every snap of his, but when I seem him play, I don't think to myself "wow, another stupid play by Tebow." I normally think, "That was a good decision, but WOW was that throw bad/inaccurate."

His ball carrier vision should be 90+ and his awareness should be 80-85 or so. I don't have any clue what his throwing power or accuracies should be, but they shouldn't be that good. He should, however, have a B potential in throwing accuracy. With more and more work in the off season, he could become really good.

What's funny is that people say you can't run the option in the NFL, but that was because there never was someone with NFL level talent who could run the option. The Broncos option is VERY effective. If Tebow had good throwing mechanics... if Tebow were Steve Young accurate, he could be one of the greatest QBs/weapons in the NFL... but his isn't, so he isn't. What's scary is that you can TEACH accuracy.

Quarter Back, much like Tight End, is a position that can really cause problems for a defense. It's numbers game, and a mobile QB forces you to play defense differently. A mobile QB that can pick you apart like Montana or Fran Tarkington can really give a a defense fits. That potential is what makes Tebow interesting. That's why the Broncos beat the Steelers.
really you cant teach accuracy, you can change certin things that lead to bad accuracy. but anyway tebow's a 45% completion qb, in the history of the nfl there only been a couple qb to raise there % drasticly and it was only by 10% so if he can improve that much he'll be sitting at 55% not really a B pot, and he can run the option, but just like the wild cat it WILL stopped, qb's GATTA be able the throw

Last edited by pegout; 01-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

All they need to do is add a page of traits for QBs and the type of routes they prefer. Limit Tebow, essentially, to deep routes, posts, and seam routes, and you have Tim Tebow. The problem with Madden right now is that it doesn't consider that a QB cannot make certain throws or simply won't.

On top of that, make awareness tie in to how many reads the QB can make (if it doesn't do that already) and you're set to go. So a 60 AWR for a QB means he stares down routes.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Except, imo, OVR has nothing to do with how a player plays - it's the individual skills that matter, even for (especially for?) franchise.

I'll use a lower OVR player if it means he's better at a certain skill I need, or at an important area like AWR or ZCV/MCV for defenders. Or has a skill combination that works well, like Taylor Mays' SPD + POW + ZCV make him a solid OLB in the right situations in my system - even those his OVR is 68 there.

Likewise, putting may really good ROLB at RE (even without changing his position so his OVR changes) is just as good regardless of the position change to make his OVR go up. It's his skills that make him dangerous with his hand in the ground at RE (high SPD for a DL, 90+ ACC and AGI, and good BSH).

A player can gain ability in areas that barely move his OVR, but make a big difference in his production.
I'm with you on drafting/signing players by skills rather than overall. Too many CPU teams simply pick the top rated FA on the board, instead of going after someone that fits their system/gameplan. Something you mentioned in another post, the whole "drop the OVR rating" bit, also needs to be looked at.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 01-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

No. You will see this year Tebow get exposed because the option = 2008 wildcat. Surprised everyone, there was no countering it in the first season. DC's will just shut him down next year, but he'll make one comeback and everyone will still be on his nuts.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
On top of that, make awareness tie in to how many reads the QB can make (if it doesn't do that already) and you're set to go. So a 60 AWR for a QB means he stares down routes.
So a lower AWR QB would go with his first read more often than not? Because since you can't 'see' the QB's eyes, just having them stare down receivers wouldn't work. (We would have no idea where he's looking).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

If Tebow makes the cover, they might throw in some arbitrary stats just to boost his OVR like leadership, motivation, etc. One rating I would like to see added is a release rating. Determining how long their release is. Going from Byron Leftwich to Peyton Manning. Right now Tebow can't be accuarate cause his release takes forever and he has to anticipate x10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »