Home

In a nutshell, what's wrong with next gen madden.

This is a discussion on In a nutshell, what's wrong with next gen madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #33
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: In a nutshell, what's wrong with next gen madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
This is my problem with madden....I can't even get through the first quarter without getting bored and turning the game off.The audio is garbage, animations look weird, no gang tackling(like back breaker), commentary puts me to sleep and players on the field make me feel like I'm playing a pin ball game.

The game is just not inviting. It's a shame really since I like football but I think madden is for casual fans and not sim fans.Good thing I rented this game or I would be pissed.
Just wanted to correct one thing: Madden 12 specifically added gang tackles.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #34
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

A total, complete and utter lack of technique, animations and execution for every single position of the field.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #35
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
P, I think you might be better off just letting Madden 12 go. You might be getting frustrated for no real good reason with Madden 13 in the pipeline.
I want to enjoy Madden 12. I want to win with my 49ers in franchise mode.

I don't want to blow out the computer. I also don't want to buy a 2nd controller and build defensive game plans just to make the AI play some real defense.

I want sliders that make game play more realistic. I don't want sliders that just make my players terrible in order to make the game tougher.

"Oh, look, my receivers can't catch, my line can't block, my back never breaks a tackle and fumbles all the time. My defense can't cover or tackle. This is fun and challenging." No.

Offensive game plan for the run first 49ers: Don't run the ball, spread them out and throw over the middle all day. Score all the points!

I guess part of my frustration as a Madden gamer and a fan of real life football is that my team kicked a TON of field goals and had trouble punching it in for TDs. Suddenly I play the same, but I am able to convert and put 6 points on the board and not just 3... so it's a blow out. It just feels liek passing is too easy because the defense doesn't defend very well, even with All-madden sliders and 100 reaction time. I have 75 interception. Maybe I should try 100. I dunno.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-16-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The AI leaves the middle of the field open all day. Sure, they will cover it on some plays, but not very many. Just attack the middle on almost every down and you will see enough plays wide open to put up 21 points per half on the D...
I guess everyone has a unique experience. I don't find that the middle of the field is always open -- with the exception of the 'Four Verts'. The inner most WR/TE almost always breaks behind the defense for a big gain.

And even if there was an open area of the field, All-Madden suggests that my offensive line may not be able to hold their blocks long enough to successfully complete the pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
"Oh, look, my receivers can't catch, my line can't block, my back never breaks a tackle and fumbles all the time. My defense can't cover or tackle. This is fun and challenging." No.
I think that's a simplistic way to look at it, but it's a matter of perspective.

My perspective is that All-Madden doesn't make my team incompetent, but rather it puts a premium on acquiring players with higher ratings. That chase for better players has breathed life into my franchise. I look forward to getting some talent on the D-line to finally slow down the run, and some interior OL help to give me more time in the pocket.

While difficulty and AI are separate things, they are intertwined. I don't know how one expects to have a more difficult game without the game manipulating player behavior to a degree. In NBA2K, the AI tends to get open easily and knock down those shots on higher difficulties. The AI doesn't outsmart you, it just makes the game harder. Essentially, Madden is doing the same thing.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #37

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Just wanted to correct one thing: Madden 12 specifically added gang tackles.
correction they added consecutive hit tackles up to 3, and a double hit tackle can be made, there is no true gang tackling in Madden 12. We had that somewhat with pro tak but it was heavily flawed.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #38
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
correction they added consecutive hit tackles up to 3, and a double hit tackle can be made, there is no true gang tackling in Madden 12. We had that somewhat with pro tak but it was heavily flawed.
Good luck arguing that subjective point. We've been around the block 100 times on it already.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #39
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
While I certainly have some complaints about NCAA12, I do feel I have a bit more input while playing that game. But Madden just has a different feel.
I agree with this statement big time.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
You sir are correct.

I want gang tackling like Back Breaker has in its game.I don't want a cut scene of a pile up by both teams.I also don't want to see the double hit tackle because momentum is not a factor.That is just one thing that is wrong with madden.The list has been growing for 7+ years.

I did find another issue I have with madden and that is everyone moves the same, throws the same and mirror each other.It's kind of funny watching all the CPU players pivot at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »