Home

Madden NFL 13 Cover Voting Down to Megatron, Rodgers, Cam Newton and Patrick Willis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Cover Voting Down to Megatron, Rodgers, Cam Newton and Patrick Willis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 13 Cover Voting Down to Megatron, Rodgers, Cam Newton and Patrick Will

Well u are a gians fan but anyway when I said he was overrated I didnt mean it in a way that u thought I meant I just think he needs 1-2 more years of this kind of production like he had this year

But if u look at sig I says u can HATE ur RIVAL but cant HATE their TALENTS

and about Jackson he had contract issues lol the WHOLE team played terrible despite finishing strong(8-8)

Cruz does have talent dont get me wrong

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
4.5 Hype Score?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 13 Cover Voting Down to Megatron, Rodgers, Cam Newton and Patrick Will

I voted Patrick Willis, wouldn't mind seeing a defensive player on the cover this year Madden.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #28
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This make no sense at all. Victor Cruz being overated?

Honestly this sounds like your a h8er. This was Victor's first year and he put up some very nice numbers. 82 / 1536 / 9TD

The guy runs great routes and is a very difficult one on one cover. He also helps move the chains where some Wr are just hr hitters. LIke you guy Jackson. Even with Jackson being a HR hitter. Jackson only had 4 TD's comparted to Cruz's 9.

Your entitled to your opinion , but calling V.Cruz over rated sounds silly, and if this is the case. Then you have trouble at the WR position, becuase Cruz out performed them both.
This is according to you since your stating Cruz is the most over rated player in the league.
First off, yes, DeSean Jackson is wildly overrated. Second, you can show me the stats all you want and I can show you similar numbers of other players that never could match that one great year.

Cruz is a great inside route runner for the giants. Don't take it that I think it is a bad player, i just feel he has gotten way more credit than he deserves.

I live in Philadelphia, we get most of the Giants games here, so when I'm not watching my Eagles, I'll watch my rival teams (...keep your enemies closer). I saw at least 10 giants games last year. What I saw from Cruz didn't match with what I have to hear about Cruz.

Here's what I saw, a guy that worked his butt off to earn a roster spot and was put in a great position. He was a product of a couple things... A) Eli's major improvement this season, esspecially with ball security. B) he was placed in the slot, replacing Steve Smith and taking over a role that Eli has shown comfort in throwing to over the years. C) The increased attention to the true great receiver that the giants have, Nicks, greatly helped Cruz take advantage in the middle. D) Benefitted from poor defensive play around the league all season. Let me clarify, the big plays he made this year that I saw, the majority were long runs after the catch due to poor tackling or bad angles by the defense.

Now what I have to hear about Cruz is that he is a top 15-20 receiver in the league. That is one of the most "exciting" players to watch. That defenses can't stop him. This is why I define him as overrated.

He is a good player in a system that is perfect for him. That being said, as defensive play is expected to improve this year with a full offseason and the likely additions to the Giants offense through the draft, I would be shocked to see him come close to that production next season.

So you guys can all say I'm a bitter fan or that I don't know football (both of which are far from the case) but when I see that Cruz is a 2 seed and Calvin is a 6 seed in this silly vote, I find it hard to believe he isn't overrated.

[edit] let me throw a different name at you, Laurent Robinson. He played the same role in Dallas that Cruz does in New York. He had 2 more touchdowns in 50 less targets than Cruz. The slot isn't relied upon as much for the Cowboys as it is for the Giants. My point is that these players had similar break-out seasons. One is being hailed as a star, the other has been criticized as being overpayed in Jacksonville before ever playing a snap.

Success leads to players being built up as something they are not. It happened with Jackson and Vick in Philly. It doesn't mean they are bad players, just not quite what the general public perceives. The giants, just coming off a Super Bowl victory, have a number of players that are talked up more than their play. It's to be expected. Again, Cruz is a good, not great, player that will do good things in that offense. Just keep it in perspective.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 04-13-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
and about Jackson he had contract issues lol the WHOLE team played terrible despite finishing strong(8-8)
People put way too much emphasis on numbers. Yea Jackson was distracted last year and we had 3 games without our starting QB. Maclin was going through a cancer scare in the off season and lost significant weight which affected his play.

However numbers can lie in the other direction too. Just looking at the numbers, Jackson had almost a thousand yards receiving thats not bad, right. Well if you watch the games you know it was bad.

I love Jackson and have an autographed jersey from him but he is incredibly overrated and I have no problem admitting that. For every one big play he makes, he leaves 10 more plays on the field. He is unreliable on 3rd downs and in the red zone. He is the same one trick pony that Randy Moss has been but without his size or catching ability

But then again, maybe I'm just a h8r.

Sorry, back to the topic... Let's go Calvin, Willis, Cam, Rodgers! (in that order)

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 04-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #30
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

The Lions are cursed anyway. Packers are about 28th with me. So vote for Megatron.
Cam on the other side. Don't need more random incidents/injuries/buffoonery.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Voted for Willis and Megatron.

Go Willis Go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #32
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 13 Cover Final Four

last Madden game i thought was really good was when Ray Lewis was on the cover so i hope Willis wins... DEFENSE BABY! Willis vs Megatron.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »