Home

Madden 13 Kick Meter

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Kick Meter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 13 Kick Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Didn't it used to be like that?

The fast meter, a narrow window, more penalty for missing for inaccurate kickers? Might be wrong, though. Or maybe it was based more on power - harder kicks sped up the meter, making it harder, in theory, to make longer FG.
yeah it's the latter, the harder you tried to kick the faster the meter moved. it needs to be like the former, the better the kicker the slower and more of a sweet spot there is and the worse the kicker the faster and smaller of a sweet spot there is. It really shouldn't be that damned hard to implement..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think Madden 2004 had the last good kick meter. If you had a bad kicker the accuracy bar was extremely small and on All-Madden it moved very fast making it very realistic IMO. There was also a good correlation between how accurate you were on the meter to how accurate the kick was. If you were inside the accuracy bar but not dead center the kick would go a little off course and if you were way off it would be a complete shank.
Yes! They brought back the meter but not what made it work. I don't know why EA is having such a hard time bringing back the Madden 2003/2004 meter. It was PERFECT.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 1

When you throw the ball 50 yards downfield, you can't control how hard the QB throws it. It's based on his throwing power rating. We "aim" the pass by selecting our WR.

Kicking should just be the same way. Let us move the arrow to aim it, and let the power be automatically determined by his ratings. His accuracy rating could work here too, but have the accuracy based on where his foot hits the ball and not where the ball is going. So basically, if your kicker has poor accuracy, you can align the arrow perfectly but maybe he wont hit the ball in the right spot.

In real life, coaches generally know the exact range of their kicker. This way, you'd know your kickers range and would have to make difficult decisions if, say, he has a 46 yard range and your attempt would actually be 50. Do I go for it on 4th and 6 here, or do I try to pin them with a punt? The Patriots do this all the time.

Last edited by therealsmallville; 05-03-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #52
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

You know thinking even more about this:
How about we actually control the kicker?
At snap we move ls towards holder and stop at right time then have to time rs back and through(simulating the right leg)
Power is ratings controlled and accuracy rstings determine how far off we could be in our timing...

Again just throwing stuff out in between work and sleep

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #53
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

be nice to see ratings determine if the kicker will make or miss a field goal, like NBA 2K's real free throw %. I would like to see this as an option in the future and this will also make it important to sign a good kicker in the off season.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #54
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You know thinking even more about this:
How about we actually control the kicker?
At snap we move ls towards holder and stop at right time then have to time rs back and through(simulating the right leg)
Power is ratings controlled and accuracy rstings determine how far off we could be in our timing...

Again just throwing stuff out in between work and sleep
loveeeee this.

almost like you zoom into the kickers point of view. you have to somehow time the footing as well as the leg kick.

would be cool to see - cant imagine how the implementation of it would be

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #55
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

If Madden would finally make special teams sliders separate for Human and the Computer we could actually make it a challenge if kicking is to easy. Right now they have the sliders universal which means if we lower field goal accuracy the computer will be missing field goals all the time which causes us to revert back to default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #56
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
loveeeee this.

almost like you zoom into the kickers point of view. you have to somehow time the footing as well as the leg kick.

would be cool to see - cant imagine how the implementation of it would be
I don't think it would work in PvP games.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »