Home

The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

This is a discussion on The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #105
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

I don't think anyone's said this yet and I'm honestly surprised. Something that has never been in madden or at least not the past 8 years since I've been playing is formation based positions.

What I mean is guys who would play different positions in different schemes. For example, Mario Williams was an OLB in Madden 11, but now he will be playing DE for the Bills. Guys like this that can play 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE or 3-4 DE/4-3 DT should be listed like this, ESPECIALLY in free agency. Too many times I see other teams signing players they don't need or that don't fit in their scheme but they just pick the 'next best' guy left on the draft board. Their should definitely be a guide for either people who are madden beginners and the CPU because I hate having to switch players around for the CPU it takes up way too much time.

For example say Terrell Suggs hits the FA pool one year. If he is the next best player available at the OLB position, any team that needs an OLB will take him. Regardless of the scheme if a 4-3 team takes him he will get no sacks and no pressure on the QB ever. This is highly unrealistic for a guy with Suggs skill set. Or if you take an interior DE like Haloti Ngata and put him at 4-3 defensive end, he is not fit at all for that position.

Little things like this bother me to no end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #106
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

I think that they will finally add all the features that "Head Coach" had!!!

They have Ledgendary coaches?? For what??? I think you can be any coach in the nfl or Ledgendary and run a team just like head coach 09

Connected Careers? Maybe all the features will not be on the disc but as release day DLC to expand franchise mode because they can't fit all the goodies on one disc. You have to be CONNECTED to the Internet lol

Well I guess I can dream right?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't post a lot. But i just read through most of this thread and it seems like many people have unrealistic expectations.

The most likely thing is just an intertwined franchise and superstar mode that incorporates legends, oh an there will be some facebook/twiiter/etc integration.

Then EA will explain how they just changed personnel and this is just year 1 and they now have a new solid base to build on. And then the new xbox comes out. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe I am jaded. I hope I am wrong.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #108
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

There is a lot of potential for some great information to come out. If it proves to disappoint in the end, it could really kill off a lot of people's hopes for Franchise Mode improvements/additions.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #109
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
There is a lot of potential for some great information to come out. If it proves to disappoint in the end, it could really kill off a lot of people's hopes for Franchise Mode improvements/additions.
After NCAA's webcast I'm prepared for Connected Careers to basically be Madden's version of Heisman Challenge where you take a legend and try to break their records and such. The one wild card is the fact that along with legends being available for pre-order is the fact that coaches are as well. This makes me think that there maybe some sort of NFL Head Coach implementation into franchise or something along those lines. I never played it but I've heard good things.

With the stuff they added for last years franchise, I'd be perfectly happy if they if everything was touched up and refined for this year. And even if it isn't I've played around with idea of being every team's GM in a franchise.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #110
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
I think that they will finally add all the features that "Head Coach" had!!!

They have Ledgendary coaches?? For what??? I think you can be any coach in the nfl or Ledgendary and run a team just like head coach 09

Connected Careers? Maybe all the features will not be on the disc but as release day DLC to expand franchise mode because they can't fit all the goodies on one disc. You have to be CONNECTED to the Internet lol

Well I guess I can dream right?
As far as the game having the features Head Coach 09 had I think you nailed it on the head. Josh Looman is in charge of Franchise Mode and I'm fully expecting it to be where you can go through your Franchise with legendary coaches. What I'm not sure about is how the legendary players feature will work, I don't think it will be like Heisman Challenge and instead it will be something to do with Franchise or Superstar mode. If you look below at the screenshot of the main menu, there is only a "Play Career" option, not a separate option for Franchise Mode. Somehow I believe all career modes will be intertwined.

Another thing I like is how "Communities" is on the main menu and is easier to find, I'm sure EA is thinking more people will try it out with it being on the front page like that. I thought it was a good idea originally and still think it has a purpose, especially for those of us who like to play with sim gamers.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
As far as the game having the features head coach had I think you nailed it on the head. Josh Looman is in charge of Franchise Mode and I'm fully expecting it to be where you can go through your Franchise with legendary coaches. What I'm not sure about is how the legendary players feature will work, I don't think it will be like Heisman Challenge and instead it will be something to do with Franchise or Superstar mode. If you look below at the screenshot of the main menu, there is only a "Play Career" option, not a separate option for Franchise Mode. Somehow I believe all career modes will be intertwined.

You could be right and all career modes could be intertwined. But deducting that from that main menu screen shot seems like a bit of a stretch to me; it could very well be that once you click "Play career" you get another pop up screen with options as "Franchise" "Superstar"...

I'm really excited to see what they've added to 'chise mode, as long as they've kept adding features from HC09 and some new wrinkles, I'll be happy. I realize not everyobdy is gonna be pleased with some of the additions, namely legends and coaches and stuff, but hopefully those people will understand those features appeal to other demographic too.

My "prediction" for connected career is the ability to take offline franchise online. Basically a full working franchise mode with online functionality, whether you're playing alone or running a franchise with others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #112
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
As far as the game having the features Head Coach 09 had I think you nailed it on the head. Josh Looman is in charge of Franchise Mode and I'm fully expecting it to be where you can go through your Franchise with legendary coaches. What I'm not sure about is how the legendary players feature will work, I don't think it will be like Heisman Challenge and instead it will be something to do with Franchise or Superstar mode. If you look below at the screenshot of the main menu, there is only a "Play Career" option, not a separate option for Franchise Mode. Somehow I believe all career modes will be intertwined.

Another thing I like is how "Communities" is on the main menu and is easier to find, I'm sure EA is thinking more people will try it out with it being on the front page like that. I thought it was a good idea originally and still think it has a purpose, especially for those of us who like to play with sim gamers.

That menu looks good but I feel like that would be more of a menu for Madden Online and not the main menu offline. Either way I agree that most likely there will be a separate mode for Franchise and Superstar, and I'm even thinking that things from Head Coach are in with the whole coaching thing but we'll find out soon enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »