Home

The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

This is a discussion on The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #33
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

Got a strong feeling connected careers means the major game modes will be connected in some way.. like in fifa how you can be a player, manager, or player manager. everything will be connected together..

or it could also mean that ncaa dynasty and madden franchise will actually work as one. the seasons go on at the same time and you can scout ncaa players in your dynasty from madden with real stats and mock drafts, etc.

The name connected careers just seems like something is going to be intertwined with something else. And yes its still going to be franchise mode..
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

that sounds like something that would be nice to see. how they would make that work however is another thing.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I would love to see the NCAA Dynasty and Madden's Franchise mode intertwine, but it won't happen.

Though to make it happen, they both need to be the same length, right now Dyntasy is 60 years and Franchise is 30 years. Then, you would have to play the games in chronological order between Madden and NCAA OR you'd have to complete an entire season in NCAA first (the game would have to track weekly stats and everything, and import the results into Madden).

So, in essence it could work, but I don't see that happening. I think the connected part will refer to the modes being connected to each other (Superstar, Coach Mode, Franchise) and possibly a social network integration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #36
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

If the connected careers concept plays out as many are guessing...would it be safe to assume there may be bundle deals for NCAA/Madden? Or would the gap in release days prevent that? (Unless you present your receipt or something to that effect for NCAA to get a discount on Madden)

Wishful thinking.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Why does 6.4.12 feel like a holiday? The term connected is the one word that excites and concerns me because I can see in my head ways it can be connected to something totally awesome then I think of things that almost scare me to pieces.

Im sure I'm over analyzing as it really just seems like a name change for the purpose of expanding what you'll be able to do.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #38
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Connected Careers to me is the ability to take online franchise teams offline =phat

All capabilities for offline franchise will be available online-real fa signing, better trade logic , caps affected , multiple picks. = believe this is in XFN not charging next season of madden...my guess.

certain players will turn into coaches...coaches develop maybe their attributes could go up and down..

DPP 2.0 more player position specific...online cpu created players DPP available ...tuned DPP also

Owner Mode you control everything...concession, stadium upgrades, fan appreciation..

that's my two cents
Old 05-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #39
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I can assure you that we (the Franchise community) were very well represented by a lot of both passionate and knowledgeable gamers who each have varying specialties. I left the latest Community Event very impressed with their feedback having attended the first as well. I just sat there drooling the whole time.
Glad to hear this. Im pretty sure you're a big franchise guy...So lets hope good things are in store.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 05-17-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #40
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I would love to see the NCAA Dynasty and Madden's Franchise mode intertwine, but it won't happen.

Though to make it happen, they both need to be the same length, right now Dyntasy is 60 years and Franchise is 30 years. Then, you would have to play the games in chronological order between Madden and NCAA OR you'd have to complete an entire season in NCAA first (the game would have to track weekly stats and everything, and import the results into Madden).

So, in essence it could work, but I don't see that happening. I think the connected part will refer to the modes being connected to each other (Superstar, Coach Mode, Franchise) and possibly a social network integration.
I agree, there should and needs to be some overlap. Like the Mock draft board in NCAA 13 and player projected draft rounds should all transfer over into Madden whenever you import the rookies. This would also solve the issue of 99 rated players in NCAA transfering into Madden as 59 overall with D potential and vis-versa. Coaching carousel will also be transferred over hopefully and upgraded into Madden. I'm a huge franchise guy so I was already looking forward to this date, the whole revelation of something game play related is icing on the cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »