Home

Madden 13: Presentation News?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Presentation News? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13: Presentation News?

well hey we can hope it's back in this year with us finding out that Wingo is in the game this year. i mean i was a bit disapointed last year when i found that the Extra Point was not in 12 but then the article said that it was being worked on. we can only hope. i know i will.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 2

Some of you guys really trip me out with this "we can't have great gameplay, commentary, etc. if they focus on halftime and weekly wrap up shows". I'm sorry, but wasn't the Xbox 360 introduced to us in 2005? And the PS3 in 2006? I'm sorry, but had EA not wasted time on BS gimmicks this generation, then we'd already have everything we ask for. When I play games like Gears of War or Uncharted, I'm not given half azzed attempts at game features that most shooters should already have, and then the developers say, "oh we'll add that in the next Uncharted 4 game." Can you imagine having a shooter without different weapons, the ability to run behind cover, in game saves, in depth cut scenes, and a really good ending? Well guess what??? That's what Madden has been serving us this generation on the football side of things. I'm not as forgiving as some of you and that's why they've been serving us this repetitive crap for years. Because you accept less and they keep dishing it out. The Call of Duty guys are experiencing this now. Go to their forums... they call COD the Madden of shooters... same stuff every year with no innovation. Now I can't lie, this years Madden looks really good and I can't wait for June 4th. I just hope we don't get disappointed like the NCAA Football fans because all hell is breaking loose over there after that USC vs. Oregon gameplay video. Don't settle for less... your dollars speak volumes!

Last edited by Dirk504; 05-22-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
Some of you guys really trip me out with this "we can't have great gameplay, commentary, etc. if they focus on halftime and weekly wrap up shows". I'm sorry, but wasn't the Xbox 360 introduced to us in 2005? And the PS3 in 2006? I'm sorry, but had EA not wasted time on BS gimmicks this generation, then we'd already have everything we ask for. When I play games like Gears of War or Uncharted, I'm not given half azzed attempts at game features that most shooters should already have, and then the developers say, "oh we'll add that in the next Uncharted 4 game." Can you imagine having a shooter without different weapons, the ability to run behind cover, in game saves, in depth cut scenes, and a really good ending? Well guess what??? That's what Madden has been serving us this generation on the football side of things. I'm not as forgiving as some of you and that's why they've been serving us this repetitive crap for years. Because you accept less and they keep dishing it out. The Call of Duty guys are experiencing this now. Go to their forums... they call COD the Madden of shooters... same stuff every year with no innovation. Now I can't lie, this years Madden looks really good and I can't wait for June 4th. I just hope we don't get disappointed like the NCAA Football fans because all hell is breaking loose over there after that USC vs. Oregon gameplay video. Don't settle for less... your dollars speak volumes!
Once again, the usc Oregon video "controversy" is nothing more than things being blown out of proportion... Already stated old Gameplay/commentary isn't fully installed and people were Freaking out. People want to see things early, but when they do and the product isn't finished they freak.

To go back to the topic, I myself am very tired of having new teams every few years because we all know each new team wants to focus on something different it seems. But... It is what it is, hopefully they will be able to pull it together. The fact that some things aren't in the game or haven't been discussed yet is hardly reason to flip out as some do EVERY year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Once again, the usc Oregon video "controversy" is nothing more than things being blown out of proportion... Already stated old Gameplay/commentary isn't fully installed and people were Freaking out. People want to see things early, but when they do and the product isn't finished they freak.

To go back to the topic, I myself am very tired of having new teams every few years because we all know each new team wants to focus on something different it seems. But... It is what it is, hopefully they will be able to pull it together. The fact that some things aren't in the game or haven't been discussed yet is hardly reason to flip out as some do EVERY year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I would agree with you if this was 2007 or 2008, but this is 2012. After years of hype and broken promises, you can't blame the community for being upset. I've personally spent many hours at work in the past on EA's Madden forum coming up with ways to make the game better. Football fans are passionate about this sport and we want a sim game that represents the sport we love. So you really can't blame us for flipping out.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Well EA has been talking up presentation over the past few years now. So asking for a halftime show and a weekly recap shouldn't be too far-fetched.

Now, lets say they do leave out halftime shows, is that going to make or break M13?
Well if the in game presentation is done correctly and they are giving us real-time info, that would be even better than a gimmicky halftime show.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #38
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
I would agree with you if this was 2007 or 2008, but this is 2012. After years of hype and broken promises, you can't blame the community for being upset. I've personally spent many hours at work in the past on EA's Madden forum coming up with ways to make the game better. Football fans are passionate about this sport and we want a sim game that represents the sport we love. So you really can't blame us for flipping out.
Nobody will ever admit it, but usually the biggest complainers, are the same guys that are buying the game year in and year out. Im sure EA knows this. Heck, the creators of the game, should be the games biggest critics.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #39
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

So if we're seeing WIP videos, then the CD guys played WIP games. We're not happy about what we're seeing/hearing so far but they are?

Maybe we should get the videos they played without the 4 June announcement stuff so we can see what they saw. Right now, their seems to be a disconnect.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Nobody will ever admit it, but usually the biggest complainers, are the same guys that are buying the game year in and year out. Im sure EA knows this. Heck, the creators of the game, should be the games biggest critics.
That's true too... I've seen it way too often. A guy complains and then purchases day one. Personally I haven't bought Madden since Madden 10. I may buy the game this year once I hear the June 4th announcement and get my hands on a demo. I used to only buy/play Madden. Hell I only bought a PS2 for Madden, but this gen I've enjoyed more genres. With games like Resident Evil 6, Grand Theft Auto 5, Halo 4, The Last of Us etc... I'll still be able to enjoy gaming this fall with or without Madden. But I do hope EA delivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »