Home

Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

I'm pumped for M13 and the new animations due to this engine!

Madden 13 | Film room with Dre Episode 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
my biggist concern is if you can break the first tackle in the backfield of if the defense will get in the backfield too soon. madden 10 did a good job with the running game as far as the defense was their to make the tackle but you could fight and commonly break the first tackle and you had to respect the run game. i understand they fixed the run game but in passed years you just get stoped by the first guy in the backfield too often. the game should have to rely on help defense more in the run game. hopefully the infinity engine will help.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It's pretty obvious to me. They definitely did it because of BB but also because of the community. I'm sure it wasn't in their plans before hand, especially the way they hyped up Pro-Tak as if it wasn't a gimmick which we soon found out was. But after seeing the Seahawks v 49ers video it's also obvious it's "run-time" physics (as it was mentioned & quoted as in E3) and not exactly "real-time" (yes, there's a difference). It's still much better than what we had in Madden beforehand but also not exactly what some people are expressing or expecting. It seems the players still rely on some pre-determained animations unlike with real-time physics.
What it *looks* like EA did was throw a physics backend on top of their animation based engine, which means a LOT of things people want (better O-line/D-line interaction) probably won't be comming for some time. Its not a full physics engine, but a backend that seems to be ONLY integrated for tackling. One wonders if its even possible to implement for everything else, or if a whole new backend is needed...

More then anything, this raises hopes for the next generation, which might actually have a new real-time physics backend as the result of this.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #84
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
What it *looks* like EA did was throw a physics backend on top of their animation based engine, which means a LOT of things people want (better O-line/D-line interaction) probably won't be comming for some time. Its not a full physics engine, but a backend that seems to be ONLY integrated for tackling. One wonders if its even possible to implement for everything else, or if a whole new backend is needed...

More then anything, this raises hopes for the next generation, which might actually have a new real-time physics backend as the result of this.
Yeah, it's seems to be strictly tackling based, and to be more specific, more of a reaction to the tackle animation time physic.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

One thing Backbreaker did well was implement the engine for the entire game, not just tackling. Shame the game itself stank...

Think about it, in theory, if you had a true physics engine, rain/snow would actually affect gameplay more then "-25 to catch/carry" and pulling up an occasional "slip" animation. You could actually simulate how well every foot plant would be, in realtime. Think of the effects this has game wide; ever hear of "slowing the game down to the defenses speed"?.

Madden is still an animation based system, except in tackling. So I'm not proclaiming everything fixed at this juncture. I'm more interested in the new CC mode, as its close to what I've been calling for over a decade now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »