Home

Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

Good write-up, It was a bit dissapoiting to hear about the battle in the trenches but this is something which they can vastly improve next year with the new engine and I actually mean it, I'm not just using the phrase like others have every year.

On the whole, everythng sounds great. I'm defintely going to buy this Madden and this in of itself will make the game so much more realistic. Whenb you add that to the new passing and read and react defense you have a recipe for the best football game of this generation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift kincade
I know it's not the final build and all, but I really feel like commentary just can't push itself past the blandness. Is it technology limitation or something? I know NBA2K has some amazing commentary, but it just seems like Madden can't find it. EA needs to find a way not to have such long, awkward pauses... that's what really kills it for me. The long, weird pauses that don't occur on Sundays.

But anyway, the Infinity Engine looks really good. I like how certain players who are caught up removing themselves from the pile occasionally stumble, looks cool. Although I feel like we'll have to get used to another form of the run game, more difficult in fact. Seems as though you wont be able to simply sprint through the gut anymore... have to wait for the hole to open up, with patience. I approve.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #68
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
You don't think Backbreaker's Euphoria engine influenced EA's decision in any way to create a physics-based engine of their own?

I have no definite proof either way, but in my opinion, I think EA was definitely influenced by that. If not directly, I'm sure the over pouring of fans asking for such a feature played a factor. And guess where the fans got that idea from?

"I'll take Backbreaker for $500, Alex."
DAILY DOUBLE!

How much would you like to wager...EVERYTHING?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
EA puts physics in Madden because Backbreaker had it?! Now I have heard it all. But hey if that's what you have to think to make it through the day then to each their own.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
It's pretty obvious to me. They definitely did it because of BB but also because of the community. I'm sure it wasn't in their plans before hand, especially the way they hyped up Pro-Tak as if it wasn't a gimmick which we soon found out was. But after seeing the Seahawks v 49ers video it's also obvious it's "run-time" physics (as it was mentioned & quoted as in E3) and not exactly "real-time" (yes, there's a difference). It's still much better than what we had in Madden beforehand but also not exactly what some people are expressing or expecting. It seems the players still rely on some pre-determained animations unlike with real-time physics.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #70
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift kincade
Man, those running animations look horrible LOL.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
EA puts physics in Madden because Backbreaker had it?! Now I have heard it all. But hey if that's what you have to think to make it through the day then to each their own.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I dunno CR, its been years we been playing "eye behind my head" madden and been asking for something like this ever since. When BB showed off its engine and what it was aiming for, most of us here were clamoring for EA to get that into madden ASAP. It never happened and we were told it would take too long to implement such a feature or engine into madden.

I applaud their efforts for madden 13 and am quite excited to get my hands on the demo, but we gotta face the facts that society and marketing go hand in hand in what consumers love that drive products today. When one car came with a CD player, all of a sudden ALL cars started coming with them aswell regardless of the cost at the time.

Stuff thats getting into madden now, should have been standard anytime you create a sports game period! Now I would like to know about penalties since I think someone will be touching on the zig zagging running and whatnot existing or not from what we seen so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #72
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »