Home

Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Looks interesting but I think we should give credit where it is due. Thank you to Natural motion and Backbreaker for forcing EA to get off its hind quarters and implement physics into their game.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #58
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
Looks interesting but I think we should give credit where it is due. Thank you to Natural motion and Backbreaker for forcing EA to get off its hind quarters and implement physics into their game.
This.

After I watched some the videos showing off the Infinity Engine, the first thing I did was thought about Backbreaker and how the Infinity Engine probably wouldn't exist without that game's creation.

This is why I'm mad at 2K for just giving up and not making another attempt at a football game after 2K8. A fully-featured game with generic players would have created enough buzz to get EA's attention.

Backbreaker wasn't even a fully-featured game, but it brought forward one of the most innovative additions in football gaming history. Every football game (or sports game for that matter) would be judged on whether it has real-time physics or not.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #59

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Just imagine if they work on footplanting, line interactions, penalties, and WR/DB interactions for 14, that game would probably be the best sports title of the year. I cant wait for Madden 13, never been this hyped for a Madden game.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #60
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

Awesome write up Thanks!

Looking forward to vids.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
This.

After I watched some the videos showing off the Infinity Engine, the first thing I did was thought about Backbreaker and how the Infinity Engine probably wouldn't exist without that game's creation.

This is why I'm mad at 2K for just giving up and not making another attempt at a football game after 2K8. A fully-featured game with generic players would have created enough buzz to get EA's attention.

Backbreaker wasn't even a fully-featured game, but it brought forward one of the most innovative additions in football gaming history. Every football game (or sports game for that matter) would be judged on whether it has real-time physics or not.
How real is that. EA might not say it openly but they are clearly implementing this because of the innovation introduced by others. Case in point, DBs and Backers having to see the ball to react on it is one of the features in 2k5, fact not fiction. My only care for the monopolization of any sports license is and has always been the lack on innovation that is wrought from such deals due to the lack of competition.

People who played APF2k8 and enjoyed it (Like myself who still plays it more than Madden) miss the small things, like sideline interactions with off field players and great commentary. But, when a non NFL title is released even it's it's Gawd Awful(Backbreaker was nearly unplayable) we will need to show some support because the concepts in some of these other titles are actually very good.

Any who, my interest in Madden this year will be to see if this addition plays well. I can say that the changes to NCAA 12 feel nice and fast and I plan to pre-order this game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #62
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

I can't remember when I was this excited for a Madden release. I have been hard on EA for the lack of innovation and stale engine in Madden. I am very surprised that physics calculations will be implemented before next gen consoles and this definately shows EA is making game changing strides to bring Madden back to past form.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
How real is that. EA might not say it openly but they are clearly implementing this because of the innovation introduced by others. Case in point, DBs and Backers having to see the ball to react on it is one of the features in 2k5, fact not fiction. My only care for the monopolization of any sports license is and has always been the lack on innovation that is wrought from such deals due to the lack of competition.

People who played APF2k8 and enjoyed it (Like myself who still plays it more than Madden) miss the small things, like sideline interactions with off field players and great commentary. But, when a non NFL title is released even it's it's Gawd Awful(Backbreaker was nearly unplayable) we will need to show some support because the concepts in some of these other titles are actually very good.

Any who, my interest in Madden this year will be to see if this addition plays well. I can say that the changes to NCAA 12 feel nice and fast and I plan to pre-order this game as well.
EA puts physics in Madden because Backbreaker had it?! Now I have heard it all. But hey if that's what you have to think to make it through the day then to each their own.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
EA puts physics in Madden because Backbreaker had it?! Now I have heard it all. But hey if that's what you have to think to make it through the day then to each their own.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
You don't think Backbreaker's Euphoria engine influenced EA's decision in any way to create a physics-based engine of their own?

I have no definite proof either way, but in my opinion, I think EA was definitely influenced by that. If not directly, I'm sure the over pouring of fans asking for such a feature played a factor. And guess where the fans got that idea from?

"I'll take Backbreaker for $500, Alex."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »