Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #153
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
are you yelling at me

but on a serious note, whether a guy creates a custom playbook or not. every playbook has money plays in them, so in all honesty a person could pick any playbook and run the same 5 plays all game.

still havent convinced me how custom playbook needs to be taken out because of this. i guess you do but alot of folks dont even play randoms online, they play against their friends, offline by themselves, or with like minded gamers whove theyve met online. im just gona take a guess but my guess would be that sim gamers wouldnt even bother themselves with the hassle of playing random games cept under special circumstance.

so all these groups of ppl have to get left out because of ppl playing random online games. yup still not convinced.

4tr, i never said the game was gonna flop or that it wouldnt get high marks, im just calling BS for leaving all these already in the game features out.

like i said b4, CC maybe great for online gamers, but offline gamers are getting are nothing but restrictions and infringements upon their offline experience.

another thing i find interesting is that ive asked how many times now for some sort of proof that custom playbooks somehow interfers with Cc and all ive gotten in response is goose eggs.

ppl would shut up if we could just see the reasons why this stuf couldnt be implimented, more than just we couldnt get it to work 100%, because im calling bluff on that and obviously im not the only 1 who feels this way.
Nah, I'm not yelling at you. I just used uppercase so you'd get the point. NCAA and Madden have COMPLETELY different online structures. It's just not fair to compare the two like you were doing.

And I agree that the custom playbooks shouldn't have been taken away for offline. But I can understand why they did that, especially with the way CC works in general. It's geared towards online and that was probably their first priority and the custom playbooks caused problems. So, instead of devoting manpower to fix it, they simply scrapped it and are planning on implementing it back next year IMO.

Still, an explanation for what it would exactly break isn't too much to ask. But, I doubt they answer because EA in general don't like to answer to anyone. Least of all their consumers.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
no you are confusing immersion and enjoyment. immersion is done without taking a player out of the game world and story. editing a player takes you out of both.
What are you lawyer or something? You can't talk me out of what I consider immersive.....lol Serriously though, immersion is subjective and I can definitly appreciate anyone else's views on what they think is immersive as long as they give me the same consideration.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #155
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It seems to fairly obvious that the folks that care about themselves only are the offline guys. From what I see the online guys work together to try and make a better experience for everyone that plays the game. Kind of makes me sorry that I helped make the big push last year to get updates to offline franchise honestly. I guess I should start being all about "me" too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
just dont see how adding the option to turn a feature off or on is being selfish.

but ya know what alot of offline gamers dont like, being the 4gotten man. everything now days is about online 1st. when its clear by frequenting OS that there are still a large amount of gamers who play exclusively offline. folks with jobs, families and the such who never outgrew their love for the sticks.

the success of video games was built on the backs of young boys and girls who loved VGs b4 online exploded and now that we are grown folks who cant be online waiting on folks all day, just seems we are the 4gotten man.

kinda like P. Manning being shown the door in Indy.

4TR - i do play online abit but only against like minded folks in an OD setting, but im mainly offline 4most.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #156
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

@Taj online franchise has been the forgotten man since it was created.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #157
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
just dont see how adding the option to turn a feature off or on is being selfish.

but ya know what alot of offline gamers dont like, being the 4gotten man. everything now days is about online 1st. when its clear by frequenting OS that there are still a large amount of gamers who play exclusively offline. folks with jobs, families and the such who never outgrew their love for the sticks.

the success of video games was built on the backs of young boys and girls who loved VGs b4 online exploded and now that we are grown folks who cant be online waiting on folks all day, just seems we are the 4gotten man.

kinda like P. Manning being shown the door in Indy.

4TR - i do play online abit but only against like minded folks in an OD setting, but im mainly offline 4most.
You are taking this way too far to try and paint yourself as some kind of victim, nobody has been forgotten. the game simply has moved toward a consolidated mode that will benefit everyone who plays them in the long run, if they don't already realize a massive benefit from M13.

Nowhere have these features or gamers been 'forgotten' and it's been reiterated as much over and over in this thread.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #158
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

So, instead of devoting manpower to fix it, they simply scrapped it and are planning on implementing it back next year IMO.
cool about ncaa, but here is another point where we dont see eye to eye. 2 many folks are just assuming these features will get added back next yr. havent we already been thru this b4 will the promises that we'll get features back next yr. xbox to xbox 360.

again it all goes back to track record what proof or past experience do you have to believe that we'll get these features back next yr, just cause EA said they would look into it in no way assures that they will be back next yr.

and some of are alil annoyed because we had to wait 5+ yrs to get the features back in the 1st place now theyre gone again. and you just want ppl be understand. you do realise that asking an awful lot for a company known for broken promises.

-- TajDeni
Old 06-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #159
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You are taking this way too far to try and paint yourself as some kind of victim, nobody has been forgotten. the game simply has moved toward a consolidated mode that will benefit everyone who plays them in the long run, if they don't already realize a massive benefit from M13.

Nowhere have these features or gamers been 'forgotten' and it's been reiterated as much over and over in this thread.
dude i understand this is a madden board but all across the video game landscape the offline gamer is being 4gotten about.

i dont think im skewing anything, that my friend is pretty much understood knowledge.

sorry if it was lil too big picture 4 a madden board.

-- TajDeni
Old 06-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #160
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@Taj online franchise has been the forgotten man since it was created.
i 100% agree with you and its the reason i originally left madden, so im fighting right beside you there, tho at this point it may not seem like it.

but 2 wrongs dont make a right...all im saying. if all these features couldnt be implimented this yr, im talking features already in the game. why couldnt CC wait until M14?

with the addition of the Infinity Engine and adding things like free agency to online franchise, madden would be gettin the same praise.

after the debacle that was the jump from xbox to 360 imo they shouldnt have implimented CC until it was fully ready to handle all the features already in the game.

again i hope madden does very well, i really do. but what are folks gona say if features that did make it in dont work 100% correct or are broken? whats gonna be the logic then.

-- TajDeni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »