Home

Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork?

This is a discussion on Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork?

yes tackling is not the foundation of football..but itis important. i just hope that footplanting AND realistic player movement is implemeted. ppl wanna go back to madden 10s footplanting however player movement was to stiff and herky jerky it all has to be smooth players actually lean and tilt when turning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This post really got me wondering so I checked out the field dimensions for a NFL football and International soccer field. They are similar in length at 120 yards but the soccer field is wider ranging from 70-80 yards opposed to 53 1/2 yards for the football field.

Still, I think the players might be scaled too big in Madden opposed to FIFA. It's hard to figure out though because the Madden players appear scaled right in this picture.

I don't know what it is, maybe everything is scale but the unrealistic player movement allows them to cover way too much ground, creating the impression that the scaling is off.
Yes, I believe that is the issue. The thing is in Madden, players accelerate and decelerate in an unrealistic manner. I think this leads to the ability to cover waaayyy too much ground. I know that a lot of the time when I'm throwing the ball and I'll see a two open WR on the same side of the field 15-20 yards apart) with one DB in the area, that DB will no doubt be able to cover both of those WRs.

I think next year, player movement, momentum, foot planting, and getting rid of super human twitch reaction movements should be priority number one.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Yes, I believe that is the issue. The thing is in Madden, players accelerate and decelerate in an unrealistic manner. I think this leads to the ability to cover waaayyy too much ground. I know that a lot of the time when I'm throwing the ball and I'll see a two open WR on the same side of the field 15-20 yards apart) with one DB in the area, that DB will no doubt be able to cover both of those WRs.

I think next year, player movement, momentum, foot planting, and getting rid of super human twitch reaction movements should be priority number one.
This is exactly right and is a great visual description of the issue. This really needs to be addressed by the devs because although read and react is a needed addition, I don't see how that addresses the unrealistic movements/action players are still capable of. This is a root/core fundamental issue that just modifying the way the AI behaves will not address.

AI enhancements are great but there has to be some fundamental changes made to player movement to regulate ALL on field actions, CPU or User controlled. This is very important and I wonder if the locomotion tuning wouldn't universally address this rather than having to modify ratings. I will try to find out if there is any way for them to unlock the "locomotion" slider to the community.

Any slider gurus out there have a way of addressing locomotion in Madden 12 without adjusting the game speed?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is exactly right and is a great visual description of the issue. This really needs to be addressed by the devs because although read and react is a needed addition, I don't see how that addresses the unrealistic movements/action players are still capable of. This is a root/core fundamental issue that just modifying the way the AI behaves will not address.

AI enhancements are great but there has to be some fundamental changes made to player movement to regulate ALL on field actions, CPU or User controlled. This is very important and I wonder if the locomotion tuning wouldn't universally address this rather than having to modify ratings. I will try to find out if there is any way for them to unlock the "locomotion" slider to the community.

Any slider gurus out there have a way of addressing locomotion in Madden 12 without adjusting the game speed?

I was just going to say that I can sort of correct this issue with setting the game to slow speed and reducing the speed slider to 0. But in my online dynasty with my brothers it's a huge issue so I'm really looking forward to CC this next year!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Not to derail things away from foot planting, which should be priority #1, but look at this video of how the ball interacts with the players in Backbreaker. Seeing the videos of 2K and Backbreaker physics really puts Madden to shame, all that money to develop a game getting wasted on gimmicks to sell it to 12 year olds.

This is really cool:

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

1:08 is just horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTVUB...layer_embedded
Old 06-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Not to derail things away from foot planting, which should be priority #1, but look at this video of how the ball interacts with the players in Backbreaker. Seeing the videos of 2K and Backbreaker physics really puts Madden to shame, all that money to develop a game getting wasted on gimmicks to sell it to 12 year olds.

This is really cool:

When I first saw that Madden implemented RTP, I thought we were going to get that type of physics representation. I thought that is what tackles and collisions were going to look like, not over the top but realistic.

Anyways, I think Madden will steer away from gimmicks and focus on the core aspects of the game from here on out. I don't think we'll have to worry about ring builder, backtrax, etc. type features. I think the Madden devs will fix momentum, foot planting, improve player running animations, and fix zig zag running. to give us this type of player movement eventual. Hopefully next year! (lol, EA's motto) Notice Devin Hester cuts/plants and bursts up field which is currently impossible to do right now in Madden. Also notice in the second clip as he's running up field, slight subtle cuts which is also missing from Madden. This is a must fix for Madden 14. (Sorry for the quality of the video but you get the point.)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
That is painful to watch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »