Home

Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork?

This is a discussion on Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork?

I am just speculating of course and it is a little ways off. I just wanted to show a common trend we have been seeing the past several years. EA NHL has pretty much been the poster child of testing new features which appear later in the football franchises. We are seeing them feature this all new skating engine which really show cases "momentum" and foot planting. Do you believe logically speaking that we could see this technology transferred to Madden by next year?

I think foot planting and player movement is one of the glaring weak spots in Madden this year and as they improve on other areas such as the "physic" engine then it highlights even more the weak spots.

I must admit Madden 13 is looking pretty fantastic and give huge props to Cam and his team. They really seem to be turning this franchise around, with the inclusion of two huge features this year.
  • Connected Careers: This is a giant of a feature. It is basically bringing Head coach 2009 to Madden 13. Sure several key things are missing but we can all clearly see they will improve this mode greatly in the coming years. Having Online mimic offline is brilliant. This mode clearly is the future.
  • Infinity Engine: This is another biggie. We have begged for it for years and years. We have finally seen the integrating of a physic engine in "THE" contact sport. The tech is new, it will have issues and short comings. But the foundation is set and will be improved as we go forward.

Improve on the Player movement of foot planting, acceleration, speed, change of direction, etc and match the great graphics you will have a product that could blur the lines between TV and video game FINALLY! The one area holding EA back from this is how everything moves on screen.

I think the giant is back and will continue to get better as we go forward. I am looking forward to the future of Madden for the first time in YEARS!!!!

What is your take on the possibilities of a new player movement engine?

Last edited by Phobia; 06-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 14 to Feature Improved Footwork?

I was thinking this very thing. Rome wasn't built in a day, so I fully expect to see running animations addressed in 14. They're have enough trouble dealing with the first installment of the Infinity Engine. I'm sure there will be some wonky stuff that we're going to see. I'm sure they want to get that ironed out before addressing a new run animation system.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

I really hope so, it's the single biggest flaw in Madden. I posted a bit about it in the "game is too fast" thread.

The game needs proper foot-planting, and acceleration/deceleration and the use of weight.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
I really hope so, it's the single biggest flaw in Madden. I posted a bit about it in the "game is too fast" thread.

The game needs proper foot-planting, and acceleration/deceleration and the use of weight.
Yea Joe, I think with them improving key things with the game it just exemplifies the short comings with the movement system. It makes it stand out even greater.

Once the player movement system is fixed MAN I think we could really be in for a treat. The Show & NBA2k quality of that "TV" quality look, combine that with the great graphics and you have a home run.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea Joe, I think with them improving key things with the game it just exemplifies the short comings with the movement system. It makes it stand out even greater.

Once the player movement system is fixed MAN I think we could really be in for a treat. The Show & NBA2k quality of that "TV" quality look, combine that with the great graphics and you have a home run.
Really could be. I'm no expert in game engines, but surely this is possible with the Infinity engine they're using.

Here's a real short clip of a run in APF2K8, look at how the back makes a cut to just shred the defense.

Put that kind of foot planting in Madden and you'd have the makings of a truly special game.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Really could be. I'm no expert in game engines, but surely this is possible with the Infinity engine they're using.

Here's a real short clip of a run in APF2K8, look at how the back makes a cut to just shred the defense.

Put that kind of foot planting in Madden and you'd have the makings of a truly special game.
If Madden 14 adds new running animations and footplanting I expect it to look much better than that even. That game came out 7 years ago.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Too bad it's not 2013
Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If Madden 14 adds new running animations and footplanting I expect it to look much better than that even. That game came out 7 years ago.
I agree with that also. While I LOVE APF and still consider it the most sim football experience we have ever been given. There was some short comings with it. QB speed was severely lacking and the weight of the players was slightly exaggerated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »